PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

DVLA Charge to find out who accessed my Data, Not an FOI request
instrumentsofjoy
post Tue, 14 May 2013 - 12:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,808

I emailed the DVLA to see who had requested to see my data because the company is well out of time with the Notice to Registered Keeper.

(I have made a soft appeal and hope they take it to POPLA).

The DVLA have come back with this:

Dear Mr

Thank you for your email request relating to release of information from the DVLA vehicle records. As one of the managers of Vehicle Record Enquiries section, it has been passed to me. I must advise that the type of enquiry you are making is not dealt with under the Freedom of Information Act. This is a Data Subject Access Request which is dealt with under the Data Protection Act.

Please submit your request by letter with the required administrative fee of £5.00 by cheque or postal order, made payable to DVLA. The address to send it to is:

FAO Linda Hopkins
DVRE 2
DVLA
Longview Road
Swansea
SA99 1AJ

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused, however this is the required procedure for applying for information. I will be pleased to assist you promptly upon receipt.

Has this happened to anyone else? Seems strange that the DVLA charges parking companies £2.50 to access the data and £5.00 for the person whose data it is (so to speak!)

I asked who accessed it; what reason they gave; date of access and date of reply.

I filled in the form on their website for FOI requests.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 05:58
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here