PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, JCT 27-26 eastbound M62
waterpistol
post Tue, 13 Feb 2018 - 10:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,394

Hello, I have admitted that I was the driver of the car, my car. And yes, I was clocked doing over the speed limit on this part of the M62 smart motorway.

Frustratingly it was late at night, not much traffic and the gantry's weren't illuminated. Unbeknownst to me it seems as though this is a new revenue generating ploy that I had not caught wind of until too late. The problem I have is that I know which gantry I was flashed on, which was unlit, but the following gantry was illuminated with national speed limit signs. Unfortunately I don't have a dashcam to provide proof of this barring an FOI request, so my query is, is this a waste of time, would it be provable that there may have been a problem with the SMART motorway? And could this technicality have an impact on the fine/points?

Cheers.

This post has been edited by waterpistol: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 - 17:41
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Tue, 13 Feb 2018 - 10:53
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
morrisman
post Tue, 13 Feb 2018 - 10:58
Post #2

Member No.: 14,668

The newer HADECS3 cameras are now enforcing the 70mph limit in many places. Since it is the national limit on motorways there is no requirement to display any signage.

ps You have left your registration number on the scanned docs

+Quote Post
Kickaha
post Tue, 13 Feb 2018 - 11:05
Post #3

Member No.: 38,126

Also left on your address.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 13 Feb 2018 - 13:48
Post #4

Member No.: 42,618

You've left your number plate, full name and address and your date of birth on the letter, this is enough for someone to commit identity fraud using your details. I suggest you replace the photo with a redacted copy. It's not revenue generating as the police don't get any of the money. You have no defence and you appear to accept you were speeding, so the only sensible course of action is to accept the fixed penalty. If you go to court, it will cost you the better part of £1,000 or more.

This post has been edited by cp8759: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 - 13:48

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 19:13
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here