PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN from Parking Eye South Bristol Community Hospital
sweet sensation
post Tue, 23 Oct 2018 - 09:36
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97,863

Hi, the driver received this in the post yesterday and is wondering what to do about it? the driver took their 5 year old to a hospital appointment and parked in the car park next to it. As far as the driver remembered the sign said that you could pay on arrival if you knew how long you were going to be or pay when you left.

The driver paid when they left. It was a very confusing parking meter thing. There were a few other people trying to work out how to use it too. The driver bought a ticket and left. There were no barriers to get in or out.

Thanks in advance

Here is the ticket the driver bought

Ok edit: The van is actually registered in the drivers ex husbands name. How did they get his name and address (well old address, as he hasn't lived there since end of Feb)? Im presuming DVLA? So that would mean they don't have his new address?
The driver paid £1.50 and yes the driver put in the number plate correctly. Couldn't work out if that was the correct amount at the time.

It was a very frustrating situation. There were a few older people trying to work out the machine as well as the driver. The driver was trying to help them. Their 5 year old was running around the car park while cars were passing. The driver was in a massive rush to get the ticket and stop their son getting run over whilst also trying to help the 2 old people!

No the driver hasn't contacted the hospital but will do that. Thank you

This post has been edited by sweet sensation: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 - 11:56
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Tue, 23 Oct 2018 - 09:36
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
sweet sensation
post Tue, 23 Oct 2018 - 09:52
Post #2

It wont seem to let the driver upload the ticket they bought?

This post has been edited by sweet sensation: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 - 11:57

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 23 Oct 2018 - 09:56
Post #3

Member No.: 59,924

This is a private ticket - I have asked for a move to the right section.

+Quote Post
sweet sensation
post Tue, 23 Oct 2018 - 10:10
Post #4

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 23 Oct 2018 - 10:56) *
This is a private ticket - I have asked for a move to the right section.

Ok, sorry to post in the wrong section

+Quote Post
ManxRed
post Tue, 23 Oct 2018 - 10:37
Post #5

Member No.: 21,992

Can you edit your posts to refer to the driver as 'the driver'?

On the ticket the driver bought, how much time did the driver pay for?

Did it require the driver to enter the vehicle's registration and was that done correctly?

Have you tried contacting PALS (Patient Advisory Liaison Service) at the hospital? Definitely worth doing, although some are helpful and some are useless. You never know. This would be the path of least resistance if you could get them on board.

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
sweet sensation
post Tue, 23 Oct 2018 - 15:14
Post #6

QUOTE (ManxRed @ Tue, 23 Oct 2018 - 11:37) *
Can you edit your posts to refer to the driver as 'the driver'?

On the ticket the driver bought, how much time did the driver pay for?

Did it require the driver to enter the vehicle's registration and was that done correctly?

Have you tried contacting PALS (Patient Advisory Liaison Service) at the hospital? Definitely worth doing, although some are helpful and some are useless. You never know. This would be the path of least resistance if you could get them on board.

Ive edited my original post. The driver will contact the hospital thank you

This post has been edited by sweet sensation: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 - 11:58

+Quote Post
ManxRed
post Tue, 23 Oct 2018 - 15:22
Post #7

Member No.: 21,992

OK.But don't lose sight of the deadlines to appeal to Parking Eye. That side of things still needs to be carried out in parallel.

Your first post still indicates who was driving. You need to edit it so that it is written in the third person. The driver did this, the driver did that.

It sounds like your ex-husband didn't update the V5C to reflect his new address. Not a great idea. He really ought to do this.

So, he is the registered keeper, you are the keeper, and the driver is the driver. OK?

This post has been edited by ManxRed: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 - 15:25

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
sweet sensation
post Thu, 25 Oct 2018 - 11:22
Post #8

QUOTE (ManxRed @ Tue, 23 Oct 2018 - 16:22) *
OK.But don't lose sight of the deadlines to appeal to Parking Eye. That side of things still needs to be carried out in parallel.

Your first post still indicates who was driving. You need to edit it so that it is written in the third person. The driver did this, the driver did that.

It sounds like your ex-husband didn't update the V5C to reflect his new address. Not a great idea. He really ought to do this.

So, he is the registered keeper, you are the keeper, and the driver is the driver. OK?

I am slightly confused but Im assuming you mean to appeal to parking eye in the third person? Ive spoken to the hospital and told them what happened and they said I didn't pay enough on the day. Im out by 7mins!

So he said to explain what happened with my 5 year old and with the 2 old people I was trying to help! I will post on here first to make sure Ive worded it right.

Thanks
Sarah

+Quote Post
sweet sensation
post Thu, 25 Oct 2018 - 11:36
Post #9

I, the driver was attending the hospital with my 5 year old son. I didn't know how long my sons appointment was going to be so it said to pay on the way out. When I got to the paying machine there was a queue of elderly people trying to work out how to use the machine. Whilst trying to work out how to use it for myself, I was also helping these 2 elderly people. My 5 year old son was running around the car park while I was doing this, which was worrying me as there were cars coming in and out of the car park. I was stressed and distracted with my 5 year old son getting run over and also trying to help these 2 elderly people so misjudged the time and amount of money that I had put into the machine.

Is that enough information?

+Quote Post
Ollyfrog
post Thu, 25 Oct 2018 - 11:36
Post #10

Member No.: 100,530

Hi Sarah,

I understand that the parking companies look through these sites to see if people give information out that they can use so they could work out from your thread who was the driver, keeper etc

For example instead of ever saying - "I parked the car near to the exit" you would say "The driver parked the car near to the exit"

+Quote Post
sweet sensation
post Thu, 25 Oct 2018 - 11:51
Post #11

QUOTE (Ollyfrog @ Thu, 25 Oct 2018 - 12:36) *
Hi Sarah,

I understand that the parking companies look through these sites to see if people give information out that they can use so they could work out from your thread who was the driver, keeper etc

For example instead of ever saying - "I parked the car near to the exit" you would say "The driver parked the car near to the exit"

Ah ok understand now. Thank you

+Quote Post
sweet sensation
post Thu, 25 Oct 2018 - 12:02
Post #12

QUOTE (sweet sensation @ Thu, 25 Oct 2018 - 12:36) *
I, the driver was attending the hospital with my 5 year old son. I didn't know how long my sons appointment was going to be so it said to pay on the way out. When I got to the paying machine there was a queue of elderly people trying to work out how to use the machine. Whilst trying to work out how to use it for myself, I was also helping these 2 elderly people. My 5 year old son was running around the car park while I was doing this, which was worrying me as there were cars coming in and out of the car park. I was stressed and distracted with my 5 year old son getting run over and also trying to help these 2 elderly people so misjudged the time and amount of money that I had put into the machine.

Is that enough information?

The guy at the hospital told me to appeal the them as a human being and explain the circumstances in as much detail as possible, expressing that I helped the elderly people and about my 5 year old running around, which took up more time.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 25 Oct 2018 - 13:52
Post #13

Member No.: 15,642

YEah, theyre not human beings.

No point hiding the drivers identity. It was received in time to hold the keeper liable.

+Quote Post
sweet sensation
post Thu, 25 Oct 2018 - 18:02
Post #14

So do you think what Ive written above is ok for the appeal?

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Fri, 26 Oct 2018 - 08:23
Post #15

Member No.: 15,642

They won't care. What it does do is set out your version of events early.

They will not cancel, that isnt how PE work. It also will not win a POPLA appeal.

+Quote Post
sweet sensation
post Mon, 29 Oct 2018 - 19:54
Post #16

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Fri, 26 Oct 2018 - 09:23) *
They won't care. What it does do is set out your version of events early.

They will not cancel, that isnt how PE work. It also will not win a POPLA appeal.

So what should I say then? It says I have to appeal before 1st Nov. The guy in the hospital was telling me what sort of person gets off these tickets, so I told him what happened and he said to tell them what I said above.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Mon, 29 Oct 2018 - 21:04
Post #17

Member No.: 32,130

The van is actually registered in the drivers ex husbands name. How did they get his name and address (well old address, as he hasn't lived there since end of Feb)? Im presuming DVLA? So that would mean they don't have his new address?

You have told your ex that he hasn't updated his V5C (not the same thing as updating a driving licence address) and runs the risk of £1000 fine from the DVLA? A real fine.

You can't appeal this, if it's addressed to him you will have to do it in his name. Unless...are you honestly planning to do the appeal in your name and take on liability from your ex? If so, you will have to explain that in the appeal too, as you are a third party.

Ive spoken to the hospital and told them what happened and they said THE DRIVER didn't pay enough on the day... out by 7mins!

It cannot be seven minutes overstay. A Parking firm cannot issue a PCN for a 7 minute overstay so they are wrong. Maybe 17 mins?

Nosferatu was just telling you that the above probably won't get it cancelled by PE, and your ex will need POPLA stage where the appeal will concentrate on other standard things and 'grace periods'.

What you DO NOT DO is say this, eeek! YOU DID NOT MISJUDGE ANYTHING!!

I was stressed and distracted with my 5 year old son getting run over and also trying to help these 2 elderly people so misjudged the time and amount of money that I had put into the machine.

This post has been edited by SchoolRunMum: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 - 21:04

+Quote Post
sweet sensation
post Wed, 31 Oct 2018 - 10:38
Post #18

QUOTE (SchoolRunMum @ Mon, 29 Oct 2018 - 22:04) *
The van is actually registered in the drivers ex husbands name. How did they get his name and address (well old address, as he hasn't lived there since end of Feb)? Im presuming DVLA? So that would mean they don't have his new address?

You have told your ex that he hasn't updated his V5C (not the same thing as updating a driving licence address) and runs the risk of £1000 fine from the DVLA? A real fine.

You can't appeal this, if it's addressed to him you will have to do it in his name. Unless...are you honestly planning to do the appeal in your name and take on liability from your ex? If so, you will have to explain that in the appeal too, as you are a third party.

Ive spoken to the hospital and told them what happened and they said THE DRIVER didn't pay enough on the day... out by 7mins!

It cannot be seven minutes overstay. A Parking firm cannot issue a PCN for a 7 minute overstay so they are wrong. Maybe 17 mins?

Nosferatu was just telling you that the above probably won't get it cancelled by PE, and your ex will need POPLA stage where the appeal will concentrate on other standard things and 'grace periods'.

What you DO NOT DO is say this, eeek! YOU DID NOT MISJUDGE ANYTHING!!

I was stressed and distracted with my 5 year old son getting run over and also trying to help these 2 elderly people so misjudged the time and amount of money that I had put into the machine.

Ok thank you very much. I will explain. My ex husband owns the van that has been my vehicle for the past few years, I am a named driver on it. He is refusing to put the van in my name even though I have asked him to on countless occasions. Basically hes a d1ck, buy hey ho thats why I ended it.
I want the van and I am currently going through a solicitor to get it (among other things). My ex is also refusing to talk to me!!! If I didn't want the van I would so ignore this parking fine and let him deal with it! But I want the van so Im willing to take on the responsibility. Also it seems that he hasn't changed the logbook to his new address as the fine was sent to mine?

The guy at the hospital (that seems to be hired to do this) said that the people who have got off these things (that he is aware of) have explained and appealed to a human being rather than a computer, so he told me to say what happened.

He also told me that you have 15mins leeway in the parking, so thats where the 7mins came from as on the fine is says I didn't pay for 22mins. I was prepared to pay for whatever time we used but because of all that happened (with my son and the 2 elderly people) I didn't realise how much time I paid for as I was more concerned in stopping my 5 year old getting hit by a car!

So can anyone please advise me what to do next? Id rather keep my ex out of it, as Im trying to get the van in my name.

Thanks

+Quote Post
nigelbb
post Wed, 31 Oct 2018 - 14:55
Post #19

Member No.: 60,602

Please provide all the times. This is crucial. Exactly how much time did you pay for? Entry time (on PCN)? Exit time (on PCN)? Did you have any difficulty finding a space?

--------------------
British Parking Association Ltd Code of Practice(Appendix C contains Schedule 4 of POFA 2012 ) & can be found here http://www.britishparking.co.uk/Code-of-Pr...ance-monitoring
DfT Guidance on Section 56 and Schedule 4 of POFA 2012 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/syste...ing-charges.pdf
Damning OFT advice on levels of parking charges that was ignored by the BPA Ltd Reference Request Number: IAT/FOIA/135010 – 12 October 2012

+Quote Post
sweet sensation
post Fri, 2 Nov 2018 - 11:39
Post #20

QUOTE (nigelbb @ Wed, 31 Oct 2018 - 15:55) *
Please provide all the times. This is crucial. Exactly how much time did you pay for? Entry time (on PCN)? Exit time (on PCN)? Did you have any difficulty finding a space?

Time in car park 1 hour and 22mins
Arrival time 15/10/2018 09:34:33
Departure time 15/10/2018 10:56:52

I paid £1.50 which was 1 hour.

No there were lots of spaces. It was chucking it down so we spent time putting on coats.

QUOTE (nigelbb @ Wed, 31 Oct 2018 - 15:55) *

Time in car park 1 hour and 22mins
Arrival time 15/10/2018 09:34:33
Departure time 15/10/2018 10:56:52

I paid £1.50 which was 1 hour.

No there were lots of spaces. It was chucking it down so we spent time putting on coats.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 16:11
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here