PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help! Parking Ticket (UK P.A.O. Leeds)
tallgirl
post Fri, 20 Jul 2007 - 12:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,879

I have reading other posts with interest and I am wondering what people will make of a ticket I have been issued. Photo here: (for the reason - under with out valid permit or authority! the writing says 'photo of me leaving site')

The ticket was issued 2 minutes after I parked!
The carpark was for Maplin and other some other stores in Leeds. I did leave the site to use a post box but returned to use the stores. I did not read the detial on the signs so did not think leaving the site for a short time would result in a ticket.
(will get photo of sign later)
On reading the signs after the event the signs say parking is allowed for 1 hour and that leaving site is not allowed.

Does this need to be paid?

In leaving site I have not complied with the sign but it looks from others on the site that this is not enforceable??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
21 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (260 - 279)
Advertisement
post Fri, 20 Jul 2007 - 12:06
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
bama
post Tue, 26 Feb 2008 - 10:19
Post #261

Member No.: 4,323

we haven't yet had confirmation from the Court that thecase has actually been discontinued..

bearing in mind the number of guest views of this thread Steve (Hiya Steve smile.gif ) would be mad if he tried to pull that trick... confirmation from the Court will tell us. Abbie ?

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post
Abbie
post Tue, 26 Feb 2008 - 14:18
Post #262

Member No.: 13,307

I wrote to the Court yesterday with a copy of UK PAO letter and asked them to confirm that the case had been discontinuted and that i wanted to know if i can seek costs.

I also wrote to UK PAO and told them i had written to the Court...just to ensure they dont play silly buggers with me...

I will leave it a week and see a) what the court come back with b) if UK PAO come back at all and then chase the pair of them! Ohhh to have the upper hand!!

I am still quite interested to know who or what the witness is? As Legal advisor says maybe it was the parking meter - maybe it has gone off to sunnier climbs with all the money that UK PAO are raking in!!

+Quote Post
Grimsby Man
post Tue, 26 Feb 2008 - 15:55
Post #263

Member No.: 16,785

Well Done Abbie

hope that it is genuine,

just to let you know I seen my local MP and along with Pendle MP Gordon Prentice
http://www.lancashireeveningtelegraph.co.u...firm_sacked.php

We should be able to get the DVLA and UK P.A.O kicked out

My MP has had is daughters car clamped by one of these scumbags,
did'nt know all the laws etc,
but agreed that any company using a Government agency to con people out of monies should be stopped.

We should all write to our local MP, reqesting that the DVLA stops giving our information to compainies making money this way

+Quote Post
Abbie
post Tue, 4 Mar 2008 - 07:53
Post #264

Member No.: 13,307

I got a letter in from the Court and from UK PAO (still need work on your grammar Steve) stating that the case has been struck out.

Why bother in the first place!? I am sure that there are a lot of scared people out there that would cave in but UK PAO are a bit like a bully at school! They just need to be faced down!

And according to the news the other day, Leeds is supposed to be the easiest place to get off council parking fines!!??

+Quote Post
chadders
post Tue, 4 Mar 2008 - 08:59
Post #265

Member No.: 1,888

Local press time?

+Quote Post
bama
post Tue, 4 Mar 2008 - 11:09
Post #266

costs ??

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post
jamielovesmusic
post Tue, 4 Mar 2008 - 20:01
Post #267

Member No.: 17,784

hi everyone,

I have written to Mr S Smith at UK PAO on a number of occasions, is this " biggrin.gif Steve" who is mentioned before and ownes the company? His letter writing is shocking!

Cheers,

+Quote Post
bama
post Tue, 4 Mar 2008 - 20:23
Post #268

welcome jamie

who can tell, it may be. you would have to ask the folks at PAO.
what did you write to him about ?

wonder if they ever found that witness..

--------------------

+Quote Post
jamielovesmusic
post Tue, 4 Mar 2008 - 22:10
Post #269

it's actually really exciting, my story with UK P.A.O!!!

Long story.

• Back in December was loading into some private apartments in Headingley Leeds, for a friends party. Was actively loading speakers, pa equipment and lighting equipment for a party. As all the parking bays and off street parking was full, I decided to load from the double yellows. UK PAO manage this small residential car park. 10 minutes after I had unloaded, gone to the top floor apartment and back again, I had a ticket.
  • This ticket is now up to £400
  • After appealing, Mr S Smith said that I should have parked in a parking bay, as stated on the sign in the entrance of the car park and therefore my appeal was rejected. Furthermore he said he could provide CCTV video evidence of myself parking out of a bay.
  • Now for the interesting bit.... Mr S Smith is quite good at lying..... there are no CCTV cameras in this car park!
  • I once again wrote to Mr S Smith and explained that if he writes to me again, I shall take him to court with harassment.
  • He wrote back to me today, to say that 'my comments have been held on file till this is taken up with the County Courts'
Finally there is no way I am paying this! I went a checked out their offices today! Offices!? - this operation is one man in a house sited on the most deprived council estate in Leeds. A nice flashy car sits in the drive way though.

Shocking.

+Quote Post
bama
post Tue, 4 Mar 2008 - 22:16
Post #270

whats the reg number of the car ? ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
jamielovesmusic
post Tue, 4 Mar 2008 - 22:19
Post #271

is this my car? its actually a van?

+Quote Post
battyboomboom
post Tue, 4 Mar 2008 - 22:25
Post #272

Member No.: 11,423

I assume Bama means Steves car.

+Quote Post
bama
post Tue, 4 Mar 2008 - 22:27
Post #273

yep, PAO drains off enough cash for 'vehicles' in the accounts I have seen..

--------------------

+Quote Post
jamielovesmusic
post Tue, 4 Mar 2008 - 22:29
Post #274

well i can't remember, but it was out of context for the estate. This company really really gets to me. I will write to as many people as possible to get something done about these crooks.

+Quote Post
bama
post Tue, 4 Mar 2008 - 22:55
Post #275

shame you didn't get the number... but if you happen to drive past there again...

Start by writing a complaint to Trading Standards

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grimsby Man
post Wed, 5 Mar 2008 - 08:44
Post #276

Member No.: 16,785

Then write to Fee Paying Section of the DVLA
asking for all information V888/2 /3 etc.

Let your local MP know. other MP's are complaining at this time
that should keep you busy for a while

+Quote Post
bama
post Wed, 5 Mar 2008 - 10:25
Post #277

wot G M said. it will reveal the landowner (other party to the contract with PPC). unless the forms are 'wrong' or its another Ranger Services job whereby one PPC request info on behalf of other PPCs. In the such cases as ranger Services where an elctronci link is used youy wonltget the individiual request anmd the V888/2/3 forms will not have been used. however the backup documentation re evidence of contract should be still be there. Knowing the DVLA try to dodge as much as possible I would phrase ANY request such as this to include both cases i.e. don't make it it dependent on the V888/2/3s.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdfi
post Sat, 15 Mar 2008 - 11:13
Post #278

Member No.: 13,384

Would pepipoo be sinking to his level by getting RK details from DVLA and sending him an unenforceable invoice?

--------------------
Everyone on this forum (even those who may be professionally qualified as something) give advice that is their laymans' opinion. This is given without liability. Everyone will assume you are telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and try to assist you if they can. Photos of signs/the area and scans of documents can help. Never throw anything away even if trivial! Tell all your friends about PePiPoo please!

+Quote Post
bama
post Sat, 15 Mar 2008 - 14:25
Post #279

no need to spend the 2.50 when you already have the address.. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
leegomery16
post Sat, 15 Mar 2008 - 19:52
Post #280

Member No.: 15,918

QUOTE (jdfi @ Sat, 15 Mar 2008 - 11:13) *
Would pepipoo be sinking to his level by getting RK details from DVLA and sending him an unenforceable invoice?

Probably not a good idea, you'd face an unlimited fine and a conviction under s. 55 of the Data Protection Act 1998.

--------------------
Someone not paying VAT when they should? Email: HM Revenue & Customs

Laws, like men, are born to die. Justice is immortal.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 8th December 2021 - 22:13
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.