Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Barnet PCN - PayByPhone in error for old car
Kongy
post Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 20:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,744

Hi guys,

(First post here so apologies if I got anything wrong...)

Received a PCN after parking in a PayByPhone bay when I was sure I paid using the Ringo app.
As it appears, the default car in the app was my old car, which has been off road (SORN) for over 2 years.

Submitted appeal to Barnet Council who refuse to cancel ticket.

Their argument is "you were given a PCN for not paying to park".

My counter argument is something like "A payment of £4.00 and a further payment of £2.00 for parking ... was debited from my bank account... Subsequently corresponding amounts would have been credited to a bank account held by the London Borough of Barnet... This is not a matter of opinion but rather is a matter of fact... Indeed there was a ‘technical’ confusion by the app showing the an old vehicle as ‘default’, rather than the current vehicle"... etc.

I provided proof (DVLA website screenshot) of that the old vehicle has been SORN 2 yrs back and thus I obviously wasn't intending to pay for it - but Barnet don't care.

I feel this is really unfair (unlike in other cases where I actually think the Council may have a point wink.gif ) and am wondering whether you guys think I have anything in hand to get a Tribunal adjudicator on my side...?

Million thanks for any thought / comments.

Cheers!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 20:11
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Wed, 4 Jul 2018 - 20:41
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,924

Some councils will cancel for a first time honest paybyphone error, some won't. Guess which Barnet is.

Post PCN and correspondance. use a site such as Imgur.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th October 2018 - 17:39
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.