PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Not justified at this location?
johnbrown777
post Fri, 16 Jan 2009 - 16:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,655

I received the notice few weeks ago, where I was informed to have been caught doing 38 in a 30 zone by a speed camera.

Turning the page, I notice the following standard text (which I have abridged for clarity):

========================
I was the driver, but wish to plead mitigating circumstances. What can I do? You have a right to challenge the offence or to plead mitigating circumstances. To do this, you will have to opt to have your case heard by a District or Sheriff Court. If you choose to do this, you can detail any mitigating circumstances that you wish the Court to consider. You will have the opportunity to explain in writing without having to attend the court. You are reminded that Sheriffs and Justices have the right to increase the penalty as they see fit.

I do not think the offence is valid because:
  • [... deleted]
  • I don't think the camera was justified at that location
For a speeding conviction to be valid, there are only two requirements: appropriate speed limit signage and evidence that the speed limit was broken.

There is no legal requirement to [deleted] locate them at sites with a history of serious crashes. [deleted]
========================

So, my question to the Forum is:
Do you know of ANY case where the argument of 'not justified at that location' was used successfully?
If so - what evidence was produced to convince the court of it?
If such argument is unacceptable - would the fact that it is mentioned there be a deliberate attempt to mislead?

Many thanks!

MC

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Fri, 16 Jan 2009 - 16:39
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
spanner345
post Fri, 16 Jan 2009 - 16:50
Post #2

Member No.: 14,394

You seem to have completely the wrong idea about speed cameras, often they are placed just to maximise revenue.

This, in their view, justifies their placement in some of the strangest places.

Google Wales and horse box, this will give the rough gist of the tricks they get up to, to relieve as many people as possible of as much cash as possible.

--------------------
ARSE DRINK FECK........

DRINK MORE
TOILET DUCK
50 mls vodka
50 mls Red Bull
330 mls Blue Wkd
25 mls tequila

+Quote Post
BaggieBoy
post Fri, 16 Jan 2009 - 16:56
Post #3

Member No.: 5,183

Cameras can be placed where ever they like, so there is no mileage in your argument.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 20:02
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here