Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

bus lane infringement
Mcginty
post Tue, 4 Dec 2018 - 20:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 79,518

Hi there
I am a bit of a novice with computers and I am really not sure how this forum works but here goes! I got a bus gate infringement ticket a few weeks ago at Edinburgh Road in Jarrow-one of the top earning bus lanes in the country so I have read. It has apparently raked in over £400k in about 15 months. I freely admit I went through the 'gate' but I think there is a total lack of signage and advance warnings. I wrote an informal appeal to the council but this has been rejected saying is adequate and complies with the current regulations. Whether this is true or not I don't know. If I post some detailed Photoes on here could someone give me an opinion please? I just think the council are using it as a cash cow and I know there has been many many complaints but obviously if more signage is erected the money flow will cease. Apologies if I am in the wrong place with this post but if I am could Admin move to the correct area please?
Mc
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Tue, 4 Dec 2018 - 20:48
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
peterguk
post Tue, 4 Dec 2018 - 20:54
Post #2

Member No.: 14,720

Post all sides of PCN, your appeal and their rejection. Redact only your name, address, PCN number and VRN.

Also a link to GSV and the video.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mcginty
post Tue, 4 Dec 2018 - 21:08
Post #3

Thanks. I will do that tomorrow evening. I am not sure what you mean by GSV? There is no link available with South Tyneside to the video. I had to go to the Town Hall and view. I asked for a copy but was told I could not have one due to data protection.

This post has been edited by Mcginty: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 - 21:10

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Tue, 4 Dec 2018 - 22:09
Post #4

Member No.: 54,455

GSV = Google Street View

I think we've seen this location before on here, but it was some time ago.

+Quote Post
Mcginty
post Wed, 5 Dec 2018 - 15:17
Post #5

Scanner is jammed! Hopefully get it sorted tomorrow.

+Quote Post
Mcginty
post Fri, 7 Dec 2018 - 12:58
Post #6

Part 1 of 11

+Quote Post
Mcginty
post Fri, 7 Dec 2018 - 13:10
Post #7

Having issues with uploading the pictures so I've created a dropbox link here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rchc9np55wp9vow/...nYHOLDIGba?dl=0

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 7 Dec 2018 - 15:45
Post #8

Member No.: 42,618

Well for starters they use unusual wording to describe the contravention, it would normally be "Being in a bus lane". Upload the other pages of the PCN, there might be more errors.

Also get hold of the video, and post a link to the location on Google Street View.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Mcginty
post Fri, 7 Dec 2018 - 17:13
Post #9

Thanks. All of the correspondence and documents have been uploaded via the dropbox link..can you view? I had difficulty just trying to upload in the normal manner-kept saying it was uploading and then it just disappeared after upload? Hence I had to get my lad on board for help. Here is the Google link;https://www.instantstreetview.com/@54.966233,-1.468958,15.43h,5p,0.09z I don't think it will give much info for you as it is an old view?

How do I get hold of the video as they have refused saying it was a breach of data protection? Could I SARS them? Thanks for your help. Mc

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 7 Dec 2018 - 17:48
Post #10

As far as I can tell you've uploaded the first page of the PCN, your representations, and the notice of rejection. We need to see the other pages of the original PCN.

imgur.com is a good site to upload stuff, you can put it on there and post a link.

As Google Street View is out of date it's imperative we see the video, there should be no issue getting the video if it's your name on the PCN, in fact by law the PCN must tell you how you can see the video (that's why we must see all the pages of the PCN, if certain legal wording is missing, the PCN is invalid). The council website also has an enquiry number, 0191 424 7900, if all else fails give them a call, tell them you have a bus lane PCN and want to know how you can get the video. Do not use a SAR, it would take far too long.

Also, if you can, get some up to date pictures of the bus gate and post them too.

This post has been edited by cp8759: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 - 17:48

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Mcginty
post Fri, 7 Dec 2018 - 19:30
Post #11

There was a total of 11 uploads, can you confirm that is the view you are getting?

+Quote Post
Mcginty
post Fri, 7 Dec 2018 - 20:30
Post #12

https://imgur.com/a/mutHfEc

I have uploaded pics of the bus gate and road leading to it and there is also a couple of pics of Stirling avenue which is the street you are diverted into. You will note that cars are parked on both sides of the pavement making it it impossible for two way traffic which Stirling avenue is. The pic with the white car gives a view of the signage about 50 metres from it but you will notice there is quite a bend on the road at that point that draws your attention to possible oncoming traffic.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 8 Dec 2018 - 12:32
Post #13

Well the signage looks clear enough, not sure what else you expected them to do. At this point you best bet is to upload all the pages of the PCN, so we can check for errors in the small print.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mcginty
post Sat, 8 Dec 2018 - 19:05
Post #14

I have uploaded the PCN docs here; https://imgur.com/a/bV5LNUc

In January of this year a lady did win an appeal and I am told of one or two others but there doesn't seem to be any online info on them.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/council...ppeal-1-8975587

40 people a week are driving through this bus gate and I am sure most of them, like myself, are not doing it intentionally. The bus gate is on a council estate-not even a main A road.

Although I have no statistics I doubt many of them will be local.

The road markings lead you into the bus gate as they are continuous and do not follow the divert into Stirling Avenue. Stirling Avenue is on a couple of my pics uploaded earlier. It is

the street where there are cars double parked on the pavement. This is what drivers are faced with when diverting into this street.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 8 Dec 2018 - 20:24
Post #15

Member No.: 74,048

There is a will/may on the NoR

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Mcginty
post Sat, 8 Dec 2018 - 22:25
Post #16

??

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 8 Dec 2018 - 23:32
Post #17

QUOTE (Mcginty @ Sat, 8 Dec 2018 - 22:25) *
??

this case explains

The second contention concerns wording in the Notice of Rejection letter which Mr Dishman maintains is not compliant with the governing legislation by dint of its employment (again) of the word will instead of may.
Regulation 6 of The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) Representations and Appeals Regulations 2007 requires that the Notice of Rejection contains certain information including that the Enforcement Authority may serve a charge certificate.
The Notice of Rejection in this matter states that the Enforcement Authority will serve a charge certificate.
Again the inclusion of the word 'will' imports a fixed and persistent intent, as distinguished from 'may' which expresses a possibility.
The legislature chose the word may, to my mind, to reflect the fact that the Enforcement Authority is bestowed with discretion which may be invoked at any stage, thus the issue of a charge certificate cannot be taken as a foregone conclusion.
I do not accept the theory that the word will reflects a greater warning element, since its meaning is distinctly at variance to that of the word may.
Mr Dishman cites previous PATAS/ETA Cases in support.
The Enforcement Authority quote from PATAS/ETA Case Decisions.
Each Case is determined upon its individual evidential merit and an Adjudicator's interpretation of the governing law; my finding in this Case is that the Notice of Rejection letter is substantially non-compliant since I consider that there to be manifest distinction between 'may' and 'will' which is substantial as opposed to semantics. Therefore I find the Notice of Rejection to be invalid, thus this Penalty Charge Notice cannot be enforced.

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Mcginty
post Sun, 9 Dec 2018 - 11:23
Post #18

Thank you. I am struggling to find the actual case. Was this at tribunal level or High Court? Sorry to be so naive but I haven't got a clue and am relying on what help I can muster on this forum to help with my appeal.

+Quote Post
Mcginty
post Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 12:43
Post #19

Can you provide a link to the actual case please?

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 12:49
Post #20

QUOTE (Mcginty @ Mon, 10 Dec 2018 - 12:43) *
Can you provide a link to the actual case please?

https://londontribunals.org.uk/

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 00:08
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here