Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN Not Received for Bus Lane in Wolverhampton
Neonin
post Wed, 13 Jun 2018 - 06:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,420

Hi all,

I'm sure you're used to this but apologies for being new, if I make any mistakes please feel free to point them out so I can improve!

I received a letter from bailiffs on Monday stating they were seeking to recover £408 for an unpaid PCN for Wolverhampton council. Having no knowledge of this I admit I did panic a little, never been through something like this before. The vehicle I was driving at the time was a hire van as I was moving house, so I assume they got the address from the hire company and I'd left that address the day after the hire. Nothing was ever forwarded to me by the estate agent so the bailiff letter came as a nasty surprise.

I rang the council yesterday morning who told me it was for driving in a bus lane in Wednesfield. They gave me the number of the TEC and told me I had to deal with them as it had gone to far for them to do anything about it. I spoke to a lovely woman who advised me I needed to fill in forms PE2 and PE3, sending them to me via email. She also said it should never have got to this point if the vehicle was a rental and the bailiffs can't came to my current address as the warrant is for my old address, not sure how that works but it sounded like she's had a lot to do with these kinds of issues.

I've also sent the council Parking division an email apologising for my lack of response, explaining why, and asking if I can view the evidence as I strongly suspect the ticket was issued in error for going round a mini roundabout (I was delivering a furniture donation to a charity shop) that is definitely not part of the bus lane. Even the Councils own diagrams on their site showi it isn't. This is why I haven't added any images to this yet as I don't have the evidence to see in the first place!

Anyway, the guidance for the PE2 states you need to put the registered keeper of the vehicle on there and not the driver at the time. Does this mean I have to put the rental companies details down?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I hope everyone is having a good day!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 33)
Advertisement
post Wed, 13 Jun 2018 - 06:56
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Neil B
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 10:00
Post #21

Member No.: 16,671

QUOTE (Neonin @ Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 10:55) *
I'm still annoyed I can't actually see the evidence of what they're accusing me of doing and am having to go a completely roundabout way to get back to that point. I'm 99% certain the original PCN was issued in error anyway and having to go through all this for something that, I believe, is going to turn out to be an error on the Councils part is stressful to say the least.

Don't worry about the contravention at all at the moment.

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 10:23
Post #22

QUOTE (Neil B @ Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 09:50) *
I can't promise anything before 12, maybe 1.

QUOTE (Neonin @ Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 10:11) *
No panic Neil, I appreciated your time is limited. I just rang them and they don't have any appointments left for today now anyway, so I've booked in tomorrow at 12pm. Hopefully if I email TEC straight after signing them (I'm lucky to work in an environment with a scanner so can do it almost immediately) it will be soon enough for Wolverhampton Council to get the notification and call off the bailiffs.

With that in mind, I'll leave it until tonight when I have some time.

QUOTE (Neonin @ Wed, 13 Jun 2018 - 20:51) *
With regards to the name and address, the guidance that came with the form says it has to be the registered keeper of the vehicle. Do I put the hire companies name and address or my current one as I'm the one named on the PCN?

No it doesn't.

You are respondent.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neonin
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 12:25
Post #23

I have received an email from the estate agent with a PDF of the form I filled in when I handed them the keys back, which not only has the date but handily also the forwarding address for the deposit which proves I did give them the forwarding address. I've attached the sanitised copy if it's of any use. Second page I haven't attached is a picture of the keys.

EDIT: Not sure if this is of any relevance but I went on holiday for a continuous period of three weeks the day after I moved (I miss being term-time only), although since that was the period the PCN went to the rental company I assume it doesn't really make any difference.

This post has been edited by Neonin: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 17:11
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Page1.pdf ( 369.21K ) Number of downloads: 40

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 19:50
Post #24

Not forgotten ya.

Just chillin a while.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 20:35
Post #25

Ok, look at this draft.

In the box on PE2 write just --- 'Please see attached Statement and supporting evidence'

Head that attached sheet as the box is headed 'My reasons for -------'

That also lets you format it clearly, as below and use bold as and where I have.

You can add a sentence or two re your claimed mail forwarding arrangement, in an appropriate place, if you wish.

I had no knowledge of this matter until I received a bailiffs notice on 11/6/18 (copy attached). I did not receive the PCN or subsequent statutory notices due to
a change of address. Notably, I moved from xxxxxxxx to xxxxxxxx on 30/6/17, only the day after the contravention of 29/6/18 as shown by xxxxxxxxx (attached).

As the vehicle concerned was on hire a first PCN was sent to the hire Co. and, I am informed by the Enforcement Authority, after liability was transferred, a PCN was
eventually sent to my previous address, on xx/xx/xx.

I am confident that both the Court and the Enforcement Authority will recognise that this matter has resulted from a particularly unfortunate coincidence
of timing.
Neither myself or the Enforcement Authority are at fault.

I have had no earlier opportunity to file a Statutory Declaration and I respectfully request that I now be permitted to so that I may settle the matter promptly.

Subject to your questions, comments or those of other members.

This post has been edited by Neil B: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 20:37

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neonin
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 21:02
Post #26

I hope you enjoyed your bit of chillin'! smile.gif I find a nice smooth rum and lemonade helps myself.

That looks good to me, much more professional than I managed on my attempt. Unless you think it would particularly help I won't add the bit about mail forwarding, as they told me they would do it for two weeks assuming the next tenant passed any on to them and that would have ended before the first PCN arrived at my old address anyway.

Barring further advice or comments I'll complete the forms using your wording, scan the bailiffs letter, and go up to the courthouse tomorrow to sign it in front of the official witness. Luckily I'll be able to get back to work in about 10 minutes and scan/send the completed forms to TEC quickly. I'll then ring Wolverhampton Council and inform them, politely, that I've filed the forms and to ask if they would look out for the notification from TEC.

If I have missed anything please let me know!

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 21:07
Post #27

QUOTE (Neonin @ Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 22:02) *
I hope you enjoyed your bit of chillin'! smile.gif I find a nice smooth rum and lemonade helps myself.

That looks good to me, much more professional than I managed on my attempt. Unless you think it would particularly help I won't add the bit about mail forwarding, as they told me they would do it for two weeks assuming the next tenant passed any on to them and that would have ended before the first PCN arrived at my old address anyway.

Barring further advice or comments I'll complete the forms using your wording, scan the bailiffs letter, and go up to the courthouse tomorrow to sign it in front of the official witness. Luckily I'll be able to get back to work in about 10 minutes and scan/send the completed forms to TEC quickly. I'll then ring Wolverhampton Council and inform them, politely, that I've filed the forms and to ask if they would look out for the notification from TEC.

If I have missed anything please let me know!

Confirm when done.

Middle of next week we are going to write to Wolves to, erm, encourage them. I'll explain why later.

---
I'm never completely happy with my wording but we've got the important points in I think.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neonin
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 21:17
Post #28

I was thinking about dropping them an email tonight just confirming that I have a court appointment tomorrow and the forms will be with TEC shortly after, and that'll I'll ring them to confirm. I was also going to say thank you to them for their speedy response with the dates, I had the email back less than ten minutes after I sent the request.

Should I hold off on that until next week then?

believe me, your wording sounds much better than mine!

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 22:04
Post #29

QUOTE (Neonin @ Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 22:17) *
I was thinking about dropping them an email tonight just confirming that I have a court appointment tomorrow and the forms will be with TEC shortly after, and that'll I'll ring them to confirm. I was also going to say thank you to them for their speedy response with the dates, I had the email back less than ten minutes after I sent the request.

Should I hold off on that until next week then?

No, go ahead with that, it's ok and might remind them to suspend the bailiff.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neonin
post Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 12:29
Post #30

Forms have been signed and emailed along with supporting evidence, with an acknowledgement (the automatic one) from the TEC at 12:27pm.

I emailed Wolves Council to let them know it would be done at 7:49am this morning.

Just got off the phone with them and spoke to a lovely lady who acknowledged the email this morning and said they'll keep an eye out for the notification from the TEC this afternoon. Guess now the waiting game begins...

Thank you for everything so far Neil, I'm sure you get a lot of this but I really appreciate your guidance.

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Fri, 15 Jun 2018 - 12:34
Post #31

No prob.
bump this thread Tues/Weds to remind me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neonin
post Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 10:07
Post #32

Bumping as requested, not heard anything new since the automatic reply from the TEC on Friday but no bailiffs have arrived so I'm guessing the council received the notification.

Hope everyone is having a good week smile.gif

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 10:35
Post #33

Bit busy today and tomorrow.
Maybe evening.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neonin
post Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 12:52
Post #34

With no bailiffs knocking on the doors (thanks to you) I'm in no panic smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 02:13
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here