PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Police Van followed me for at least 1.5 miles?
confusedotcom
post Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 04:36
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,219

was leaving town tonight, after picking my girlfriend up from nightclubbing admittedly i did a short stint of 40mph on a 30mph road, however stuck to the speed limit after this i was being followed by what i thought was a taxi, when i had my suspicions i signalled left then pulled to the side and they just drove off? i believe its a standard police van they get out when they sit around nightclubs

i assume i was being followed as i turned right then left then right then right again and they followed, whats the likeliness of an NIP?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Advertisement
post Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 04:36
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 05:26
Post #2

Member No.: 317

Well very unlikely if you didn’t commit an offence, what offence(s) do you think you committed?

They may have thought the turns indicated a drunk driver trying to evade them and then decided your driving was OK, maybe they were just going your way.

I know sometimes they are all out to get you, but sometimes it can just be paranoia!

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
confusedotcom
post Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 05:58
Post #3

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 06:26) *
Well very unlikely if you didn’t commit an offence, what offence(s) do you think you committed?

They may have thought the turns indicated a drunk driver trying to evade them and then decided your driving was OK, maybe they were just going your way.

i.did a very short burst of perhaps up to 40 mph on.a ring road that suggests 30 but that's about it, if i was speeding would they more than likely have pulled me over?

I know sometimes they are all out to get you, but sometimes it can just be paranoia!

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 06:26) *

i.did a very short burst of perhaps up to 40 mph on.a ring road that suggests 30 but that's about it, if i was speeding would they more than likely have pulled me over?

i did a short burst of 40 on a 30 road for literally maybe 4 seconds or so, other than that i kept to the speed limit, if i were speeding would they have more than likely pulled me over? as i say, following me for a mile and a half seems like alot.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 07:02
Post #4

Member No.: 317

It’s most likely they would pull you over if they wanted to do anything, probably much more interested in drunk drivers, or more likley was just going the same way as you.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 8-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Lodesman
post Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 08:11
Post #5

Member No.: 22,623

They are not always out to get you !

A few years ago I went up a twisting hill somewhat exotically only to note that, at the top, I had a police car behind me. He followed me for the next five miles (me driving like a monk) than overtook, waving his forefinger to me as a warning.

Point made and taken !!!

This post has been edited by Lodesman: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 17:30

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 09:44
Post #6

Member No.: 38,559

Police on patrol get bored.
They tag onto a likely looking vehicle and follow it.
Sometimes for no reason at all.
Sometimes cos they have a nagging suspicion.
Sometimes cos they are going in the same direction.
1.5 miles is not a lot, few minutes at 30mph, probably just time for a number plate check to come back clean.

No police patrol is going to report you for speeding for a few seconds over the limit, they may pull you over if they are really bored or suspicious but that is it.
Random turns are more likely to get you pulled.

One of my classics was being followed for about 3 miles right to my house. Then spoke to me and checked road tax after I had parked on my drive.
No issues, they got a job to do and I was sober.

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 10:45
Post #7

Member No.: 90,659

A few times this has happened to me, as you have found if you drive like a monk for a bit they tend to realise you are either driving well and/or observant enough to notice plod behind you.

I think conversely we have all seen someone tonking along oblivious of the marked police car behind them. I would imagine they get a few decent tugs from trying it.

+Quote Post
DastardlyDick
post Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 15:05
Post #8

Member No.: 54,871

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 11:45) *
A few times this has happened to me, as you have found if you drive like a monk for a bit they tend to realise you are either driving well and/or observant enough to notice plod behind you.

I think conversely we have all seen someone tonking along oblivious of the marked police car behind them. I would imagine they get a few decent tugs from trying it.

Or if there's a car very similar to yours that is "known" for something it could have been while they were "running" your VRM through PNC and finding out yours wasn't the one.

+Quote Post
confusedotcom
post Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 15:14
Post #9

as a newish driver its very unnerving, having 3 drunk women in the car isn't helpful either haha (or is it)

as a newish driver its very unnerving, having 3 drunk women in the car isn't helpful either haha (or is it)

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 16:28
Post #10

Member No.: 90,659

Whenever I have had three drunk women in the car I have been very focussed on getting to a bedroom as safely as possible.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 17:50
Post #11

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 17:28) *
Whenever I have had three drunk women in the car I have been very focussed on getting to a bedroom as safely as possible.

+1

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
Raxiel
post Mon, 11 Jun 2018 - 09:49
Post #12

Member No.: 82,469

A few years ago, my brother worked as bar staff in a nightclub, and would regularly drop off a couple of co-workers on his way home after their shift.
One night they notice a car following them (over an hour after kicking out time so the roads were usually dead by then so it stuck out). It wasn't unknown for staff to get aggro from punters who got cut off and kicked out and couldn't let it go (usually only on the walk to the car-park though) and they got spooked.

Cue half an hour of evasive driving, ducking into side streets, hiding in cul-de-sacs with the lights off etc, but just when he thought he''d lost their tail, it'd show up again.

Eventually, he saw a marked police car parked up, so he pulled up next to it to ask for help, and the occupants immediately jump out and start grilling him as another two marked cars turn up.

Turns out the 'tail' was an unmarked car that got suspicious they were out so late, then started following them after finding out the car was registered in a different town to the one they were driving through (i.e. where the co-worker lived). When the evasive driving started they called in backup (no idea why they didn't use their own blues).

He was sent on his way once all was explained, apparently the officers found the whole thing hilarious. Slow night I guess.

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Sun, 10 Jun 2018 - 17:28) *

Depending on how drunk they are, you might want to focus on getting to a bathroom instead!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Wednesday, 17th October 2018 - 23:46
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.