PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Private parking Crown Plaza charge notice. Help me please!
elilan11
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 13:20
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,431

Dear friends,
on the 25th of June 2018 I went to Crown Plaza Hotel near to Gatwick Airport to drop my uncle who came from Italy to pick up a rental car. The rental car company (Easirent) is located inside the rear part of the hotel building. My uncle does not speak much English so he asked me to come with him to interpret. So I parked the car in the carpark believing it's the fleet carpark and failing to notice any signage which obviously I must have done. There was a big queue in the rental counter so it took about 1 and half hour to get sorted all his paper work and finally got his car and we both drove away with 2 different cars. I received a parking charge notice on the 4th of July but letter is dated to 30th of June (private) including pictures of my car and demanding to pay £100 which will be reduced to £60 if I pay in 14 days. And it's due on 14th of July to get that offer. I am not familiar with private parking charge notices and the hotel is not even in the airport building. Is there any way I can appeal against it as it's a private notice? I would really appreciate any advice. I am attaching both side of notice.

Thanks a lot in advance

Notice attached
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 13:20
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 13:52
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

Edit your post so that the driver cannot be identified, use "the driver ......." etc. And take down thus pictures and reload after identifying details have been removed.

Did the driver turn to the right at the entance? I can';t see any signs there either. Could be PE cameras are badly placed.

This post has been edited by ostell: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 14:01

+Quote Post
elilan11
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 14:12
Post #3

Member No.: 96,431

Hi Ostel,
thank you for the reply. I will edit the image upload again. The driver did turn right to enter the rear side of the building to access the car rental company and there are no signs at the entrance.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 14:56
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here