PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN due to Ringo?
sterlingarcher
post Sun, 7 Oct 2018 - 23:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,014

This is my first post so I'm hoping I have correctly followed the instructions!

I'm looking for some advice on next steps. I want to understand whether I have a case, or if I'm best simply paying the PCN.

Here's the scenario:

I arrive at my location within the final hour of parking restrictions and go to pay using the Ringo app. The app does not allow me to pay, stating: 'This car park is currently free. Please refer to nearby signage for the next charging period.' (image attached).

Returning to my car I find myself issued with a PCN.

So, I challenge the issue arguing that the alleged contravention did not occur due to contradictory information between the street signage, and the councils ‘Pay by Phone’ partner Ringo.

After all, my journey could have been planned after being informed by the council's website that there is a cashless payment solution at my destination (I rarely carry cash). Upon arriving, for all they know I'm searching for a bloody cashpoint to use their usual payment machine.

I also noticed that the reason for the contradictory information was that Ringo's app was operating on the incorrect timezone - the clocks had relatively recently changed. Did anyone else notice this problem? This is why arriving within the final hour of parking restriction is important...

Where I'm at now, I appealed this twice and am now deciding whether to appeal to London Tribunals or to simply pay up. Really appreciate anyone who can share their thoughts on this matter.

Thanks!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Parking_1_.pdf ( 211.58K ) Number of downloads: 14

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Sun, 7 Oct 2018 - 23:05
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
peterguk
post Sun, 7 Oct 2018 - 23:13
Post #2

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (sterlingarcher @ Mon, 8 Oct 2018 - 00:05) *
the clocks had relatively recently changed.

So this happened back in March?

QUOTE (sterlingarcher @ Mon, 8 Oct 2018 - 00:05) *
I appealed this twice

As is usual here, post all sides of PCN, CEO photos, your appeals and their rejections.

--------------------

+Quote Post
StuartBu
post Sun, 7 Oct 2018 - 23:17
Post #3

Member No.: 59,097

deleted as already requested scans

When was this ...clocks change in March and end of October .

This post has been edited by StuartBu: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 - 23:18

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 15th November 2018 - 07:19
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.