PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[NIP Wizard] Red light camara - filtering but stopped past the line to ensure I was seen by lorry
Stevetheranger
post Wed, 17 Jul 2019 - 19:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104,820

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - June 2019
Date of the NIP: - 5 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 7 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A580 East Lancs Road, app to Worsley Road, Swindon, UNITED KINGDOM
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - Not known
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - I was on my motorcycle in rush hour, filtered to the front of a line of traffic of which there was a panel van on my left and a skip wagon on my right. There is around 20 meters before the crossing roads traffic appears and no crossing for pedestrians (barriers). I slowly went passed the line and stopped 6 ft in front of the skip lorry to enable him to see me where I remained until the lights turned green. Offence is going through a red light >25 seconds

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England
- England

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 19:55:09 +0000
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 36)
Advertisement
post Wed, 17 Jul 2019 - 19:55
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 2 Oct 2019 - 19:19
Post #21

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (Stevetheranger @ Wed, 2 Oct 2019 - 19:54) *
Ok, well I admitted it was me! The camera may have taken stills but I was going so slow it looked like a video. Anyway, will check back once my outcome is known but to be clear - if the offence was 1st January, and I confirm I was the driver within the 28 days, regardless of the punishment (COFP, Court summons, awareness course) is there a ti,e limit for me to be informed that there will be further action?

Thanks in advance

The time limit is 6 months. So if your offence was on 30 June (You've not given an exact date), the police have until 30 December 2019 to institute proceedings so they could send you an SJPN or a postal requisition at some point in January. If they offer a non-court disposal, they will need to contact you significantly sooner than this because they need to give you enough time to accept it / complete a course, and still be within the time-limit to prosecute if you don't accept the offer.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Stevetheranger
post Wed, 2 Oct 2019 - 19:53
Post #22

Thanks, I am probably being thick but, in theory, if my offence date was 1st January and they have 6 months to bring proceedings, on 1st July am I only waiting a few days for the post in case a letter is received dated 30th of June (regardless of the planned course of action)?

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 2 Oct 2019 - 20:04
Post #23

Member No.: 317

They have to commence proceedings within 6 months of the offence, the paperwork can be received some short time after that. Commencing proceedings is by raising the paperwork, that must then be served.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 2 Oct 2019 - 20:16
Post #24

QUOTE (Stevetheranger @ Wed, 2 Oct 2019 - 20:53) *
Thanks, I am probably being thick but, in theory, if my offence date was 1st January and they have 6 months to bring proceedings, on 1st July am I only waiting a few days for the post in case a letter is received dated 30th of June (regardless of the planned course of action)?

They can wait a couple of weeks to post the paperwork. If they sat on it for months and months maybe you could argue it's an abuse of process.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Stevetheranger
post Thu, 3 Oct 2019 - 20:35
Post #25

Thanks all - will just have to wait now but I will put a reply up with the outcome.

+Quote Post
Flower123
post Fri, 4 Oct 2019 - 07:01
Post #26

Member No.: 105,338

What is the most likely outcome for this? Short driving ban?

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Fri, 4 Oct 2019 - 07:17
Post #27

No.

While a ban is not impossible it's vanishingly unlikely.
3 points (the max and min for the offence!) and a fine in Band A of 25-75% of your weekly income (less Tax and NI only), for that time into red it may be towards the upper end of that unless they accept your explanation. You'll get a 1/3 discount off thet for pleading guilty at the first opportunity, plus costs of £85 and a surcharge of 10% of the fine (minimum £32).

Guidance, about half way down the page ("Fail to comply with traffic sign (for example, red traffic light, stop sign, double white lines, no entry sign)")
https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offenc...ply_white_lines

This post has been edited by The Rookie: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 - 07:19

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Stevetheranger
post Sun, 12 Jan 2020 - 12:19
Post #28

Update - I haven’t had any further communications. I do know the team that deal with these are way behind however I am hoping this has either been dropped on the basis I didn’t go through the junction or I have benefited from their backlog.

This post has been edited by Stevetheranger: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 - 12:22

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Sun, 12 Jan 2020 - 13:33
Post #29

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

Instigating proceedings is a very quick and simple process. Collating the bundle of evidence typically served with the SJPN seems to take a few weeks (from when the proceedings are allegedly instigated).

If the offence was at the end of June, and proceedings had to be instigated by the end of December, it would be slightly unusual to receive anything earlier than now - so the fact that you haven't doesn't mean much.

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 12 Jan 2020 - 14:59
Post #30

If nothing's been instigated, it's too late now. So you might as well contact them and find out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mickR
post Sun, 12 Jan 2020 - 15:28
Post #31

Member No.: 9,919

@CP
Are you dismissal of the fact proceedings may have been instigated but the paperwork is late or suggeting that it matters not now one way or another?

This post has been edited by mickR: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 - 15:30

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sun, 12 Jan 2020 - 16:43
Post #32

He’s saying it’s too late now to COMMENCE proceedings, so if you call them and they haven’t it makes no odds, they can’t now do it, if you call them and they say they have it makes no odds except you knowing.

This post has been edited by The Rookie: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 - 16:43

--------------------

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
mickR
post Sun, 12 Jan 2020 - 17:07
Post #33

Member No.: 9,919

Yeah read it to quick first time

+Quote Post
Stevetheranger
post Sun, 19 Jul 2020 - 10:50
Post #34

Just an update - nothing further received, I assume that is the end of the matter biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bill w
post Sun, 19 Jul 2020 - 11:29
Post #35

Member No.: 14,341

QUOTE (Stevetheranger @ Sun, 19 Jul 2020 - 11:50) *
Just an update - nothing further received, I assume that is the end of the matter biggrin.gif

I'm no expert here, but I'd suggest checking your driving licence on-line to make sure you haven't been convicted of anything in your absence.
Hopefully all will be well.

+Quote Post
Ocelot
post Sun, 19 Jul 2020 - 11:47
Post #36

Member No.: 1,326

QUOTE (bill w @ Sun, 19 Jul 2020 - 12:29) *

I'm no expert here, but I'd suggest checking your driving licence on-line to make sure you haven't been convicted of anything in your absence.

+1

+Quote Post
Stevetheranger
post Mon, 20 Jul 2020 - 07:54
Post #37

QUOTE (Ocelot @ Sun, 19 Jul 2020 - 11:47) *
QUOTE (bill w @ Sun, 19 Jul 2020 - 12:29) *

+1

Just checked, all good biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 09:10
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here