PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hit a skip
Olive4
post Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 21:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,965

I just want to get some thoughts on this situation I've had today or if it would ludicrous for me to even try and claim on this.

So in my office car park there is a skip because they are currently gutting one of the offices. We have a limited number of parking spaces at my business. Today I had to use the only one left available. The skip is half hidden behind a corner but slightly overlaps the entrance to this parking space so I was able to park my car after a few goes. Anyway, cue to leaving, forgot about the skip and didn't see the corner of the skip clearly as it was dark or in my rear view mirror, tried to reverse out and smashed the back of my car on the rear light.

People are telling me to contact the landlord to see if they will pay for it as it is unlit and obstructing the spaces that we pay for. But I'm also aware that I knew of the skip before the accident. Just would like some honest advice before I pursue this.

This post has been edited by Olive4: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 21:41
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 21:29
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
southpaw82
post Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 21:34
Post #2

Member No.: 18,483

Doesn’t sound like the greatest of claims, does it? “I hit the stationary object that I knew was there”.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 22:28
Post #3

Member No.: 317

I would have said you had two hopes, but Bob Hope is dead leaving you just no hope.

As SP says hitting a stationary object you should have, and did, know was there isn’t the fault of the other party, in addition it’s as close to a straight admission of driving without due care and attention as you can give, on the bright side the insurance staff dealing with your claim will have a good laugh.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 23:24
Post #4

Member No.: 38,559

From what you say, I would be looking around scrapyards for a new rear light.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 23:28
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here