PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) - Height of signs too high
MH1511
post Tue, 13 Nov 2018 - 16:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,920

I recently received a PCN after unknowingly having parked in a CPZ street in Southall on my first ever visit to the town. There were no visible parking information signs in the street within 100 ft of where I parked (which I measured later) and just one sign in the whole street. There were also no clear parking bays as the paint had virtually eroded away. I had thus assumed that this was an unrestricted parking street.

I was surprised I had not noticed the CPZ sign at the entrance to the street but it was exceptionally busy with traffic and pedestrians at the junction at the time I drove into the street. Upon later checking for the CPZ sign, I found it to be unusually placed very high off the ground - at least 11 ft to the base of the sign and about 15 ft to the top. A weight restriction sign on the opposite side of the road that I had seen as I turned into the street was placed at just 7 or 8 ft from the ground. I have since checked other CPZ and similar signs at road junctions and the usual height for these is about 8 ft from the ground so they are within easy line of sight at saloon car driving height - unlike the ones I had been caught out by!

Does anyone know what the maximum legal height is for such signage? Is there also a legal requirement for Councils to place other information signs within the controlled street near to parking bays or say a maximum of 50 ft from any bay? Will appreciate any help on this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Tue, 13 Nov 2018 - 16:38
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 13 Nov 2018 - 16:53
Post #2

Member No.: 42,618

Start by posting the PCN in full (both sides) and the council photos.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 13 Nov 2018 - 16:58
Post #3

Member No.: 59,924

Put pics on https://imgbb.com and post BBcode embed links.

+ show us on google street view

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 00:56
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here