Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

UKCPS - Overstay by Blue Badge Holder
BlackOnyx
post Wed, 6 Oct 2021 - 21:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 107,031

Hi all,

Today I received a NtK from UKCPS. Their reason for issue is ‘Beyond a stipulated time limit’ - which seems to be missing a key verb to me. Anyway, the NtK seems to have been issued because the driver parked at a retail park for over the allotted time period. The driver isn’t sure what the time limit is, and the NtK doesn’t say, but the ANPR time frames say they were there for over three hours, and the driver doesn’t currently dispute this, though they haven’t checked receipt time stamps as yet.

However, the driver is disabled, so wasn’t able to rush around the stores they visited - all of which were on the specified retail park. The driver thinks they might have receipts for three stores, but hasn’t searched for them as yet. Their Blue Badge is visible in the ANPR photo of the car ‘entering’ the Retail Park.

I’d appreciate any advice you may have for the driver, whether it is thought that the driver being disabled is enough reason for this issue to be dropped, and if you can see any other reasons that the NtK should be cancelled.

Thanks muchly

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Wed, 6 Oct 2021 - 21:56
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 6 Oct 2021 - 22:01
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Contact the retail park management in the first instance - parking companies don't cancel tickets on their own.

Mention the Equality Act that the driver has protected characteristics.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
DWMB2
post Wed, 6 Oct 2021 - 22:05
Post #3

Member No.: 112,205

What is the date of parking, and what is the 'date of sending this notice'?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sheffield Dave
post Thu, 7 Oct 2021 - 08:35
Post #4

Member No.: 62,052

What was shown in the "period of parking" that you've redacted?

+Quote Post
BlackOnyx
post Thu, 7 Oct 2021 - 14:24
Post #5

QUOTE (DWMB2 @ Wed, 6 Oct 2021 - 23:05) *
What is the date of parking, and what is the 'date of sending this notice'?

Date of parking = 30/9/21
Date of sending of this notice = 5/10/21

QUOTE (Sheffield Dave @ Thu, 7 Oct 2021 - 09:35) *
What was shown in the "period of parking" that you've redacted?

Period of parking = 204 minutes

+Quote Post
BlackOnyx
post Fri, 8 Oct 2021 - 13:51
Post #6

SUCCESS!!!

This morning I received a very short email from the park management company.

‘On this occasion I have asked the parking charge to be cancelled.’

Does anyone know if I should expect a letter from UKCPS confirming the charge has been cancelled? Or will I just not get any further hassle from them?

Thanks again everyone.

+Quote Post
DWMB2
post Fri, 8 Oct 2021 - 14:02
Post #7

Member No.: 112,205

Well done - good result icon_thumleft.gif

You're probably unlikely to get anything from UKCPS (they don't make any money sending out letters about cancellations after all), but that should be the last you hear from them. Keep that confirmation safe, just in case UKCPS don't get the memo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 8 Oct 2021 - 15:39
Post #8

Member No.: 49,223

Wait and see. We have seen cases where such ‘requests' have been denied by the parking company. (They seem to forget who their principal is in the contract)

However, some parking contracts do actual limit how many charges can be cancelled… (or even a charge to do so!)

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
rsg444
post Tue, 19 Oct 2021 - 13:39
Post #9

Member No.: 69,597

That's great news - I too was in the same position a few weeks ago. After a few chats with the principal the PCN was cancelled - the main defence being Equality Act and organisations making reasonable adjustments for blue badge holders.

I confirmed the cancellation by going into the pay PCN section of the page, when I entered the details a message appeared saying "This PCN has been cancelled".

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 28th November 2021 - 08:27
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.