PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advice on insurance please, Possible claim and consequences.
Neil B
post Sat, 4 May 2019 - 21:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,671

So many years since I've had to deal with this kind of thing so I have no idea how things work.

I have commercial vehicle insurance with protected bonus of max years (and then some!)

I am covered for damage due to vandalism, without loss of ncb. I read that to mean irrespective
of protected ncb.

Plagued by local smackheads damage by attempting to break into or even steal the vehicle.
Latest:- chewing a rear door lock barrel to the point of 80% missing, damage to rear door due jemmying
past secondary security deadlock, damaged cab fuse panel cover and possibly the panel and wiring itself.

How much, if at all, is such a claim likely to affect future premiums?

Might seem a daft question but I'm sceptical about these insurance cos and "without loss of ncb" seems
rather irrelevant to what else they can do?

-----

Just to complicate matters, renewal is due this week and, as before, existing insurer are seriously trying it
on (+30% !)
Experience tells me that's just a try on and they'll reduce it - but I'm being quoted less than last year by
several others, incl. major companies so likely to bail out right now.

Which raises more questions about what I have to declare to potential new insurers. huh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Sat, 4 May 2019 - 21:13
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
typefish
post Sat, 4 May 2019 - 21:23
Post #2

Member No.: 69,758

Sadly it's different per insurance company.

If you wish to play about with figures on comparison websites - not for the purposes of getting a false quote obviously - make sure to use your correct address but a false name.

This will give a truer reflection of what the hit will likely be, without linking it to you.

+Quote Post
Broadsman
post Sun, 5 May 2019 - 09:12
Post #3

Member No.: 57,735

I never stay with the same company after the first year unless their first offer for the following year is a reduction in premium.

I don't play games with insurance companies and if they want to give an inflated premium it's their loss.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 08:16
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here