Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN issued but my Ticket blew off the wind-screen
harvey1
post Wed, 13 Sep 2017 - 10:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94,008

Hello there,

I'm writing this on behalf of the driver who was issued a PCN whilst at work. He parked in a privately owned car park and arrived back to find a PCN had been issued. His ticket had blown off the dashboard when he closed his door. I am hoping to e-mail an appeal to PPS to prevent paying the reduced fine of £45. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Please see parking ticket & PCN attached.

This post has been edited by harvey1: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 - 10:14
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Advertisement
post Wed, 13 Sep 2017 - 10:08
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 13 Sep 2017 - 10:25
Post #2

Member No.: 15,642

EDIT the post. Remove anything which says who drove. They are THE DRIVER. Nothing else.

Go read the MSE FORUM Newbies thread, and pick the template appeal.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 13 Sep 2017 - 10:36
Post #3

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (harvey1 @ Wed, 13 Sep 2017 - 11:08) *
I am hoping to e-mail an appeal to PPS to prevent paying the reduced fine of £45. Any help would be much appreciated.

Then you will be disappointed. They will not oblige.

I note the ticket says Napier Parking on it? (It appears the ticket was purchased from the wrong meter anyway?)

There may be other ways to fight this - both companies are quite litigious though.

This post has been edited by Jlc: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 - 10:40

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 13 Sep 2017 - 10:40
Post #4

Yeah, is it possible there were two car parks next to eachother, one PPS one Napier, and the driver parked in the wrong one?

+Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 13 Sep 2017 - 10:49
Post #5

Member No.: 60,457

So unclear signage will be one of the reasons for appealing

+Quote Post
harvey1
post Thu, 14 Sep 2017 - 10:30
Post #6

Member No.: 94,008

Hello all,

Thanks for your comments - the car park is manged by both companies it seems. There is only one car-park - with two machines for the same car-park. I've attached a screen shot of the website.

Is there anyway I can appeal with regards to the ticket being blown off the windscreen?

Thanks again.
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 14 Sep 2017 - 10:49
Post #7

QUOTE (harvey1 @ Thu, 14 Sep 2017 - 11:30) *
Is there anyway I can appeal with regards to the ticket being blown off the windscreen?

Sure, a guaranteed rejection.

QUOTE (harvey1 @ Thu, 14 Sep 2017 - 11:30) *
Thanks for your comments - the car park is manged by both companies it seems. There is only one car-park - with two machines for the same car-park. I've attached a screen shot of the website.

Ah, one of those wacky 'dual' sites. Would need to see a close up of that sign - so who exactly was a contract formed with?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 14 Sep 2017 - 11:04
Post #8

Indeed, we need to see the actual signs.
You cannot form a contract with an unknown party If you purchase from Napier then logically your contract is with them, and PPS are an unconnected third party.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 14 Sep 2017 - 11:07
Post #9

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Thu, 14 Sep 2017 - 12:04) *
Indeed, we need to see the actual signs.
You cannot form a contract with an unknown party If you purchase from Napier then logically your contract is with them, and PPS are an unconnected third party.

My recollection is the site is Napier's (they own/collect tariff) but PPS manage enforcement.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 14 Sep 2017 - 11:13
Post #10

Hence why we need to see the signs.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 24th June 2018 - 22:20
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.