Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Temporary 30 mph and Overtaking
mattgod
post Sat, 9 Nov 2019 - 18:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,443

Hi

I just a quick question about an incident that happened to me earlier this evening. I was travelling in an normal 60 miles an hour limit (out of town) which I now know as having a temporary 30 miles an hour limit (there are small signs that the side of the road, lower in height than the normal speed limit signs). The weather was raining and after going round a roundabout I came into open space of road (normally a good overtaking point) as the road is very wide and overtook a couple of cars which appeared to be going very slow. Unknown to me, in a lay by on the other side of the road was a police car parked and he flashed his lights, after which I saw the low level speed limit sign and obviously slowed down! I do not think that the police car was catching speeders as such, although of course i cannot be sure (it was a BMW X5 or similar), but I am wondering if they would be able to prosecute me for the speeding. I am wondering if he would have turned round and started to follow me if he wanted to prosecute? I am not even sure if they are able to use their laser guns in poor weather and in the dark from inside the vehicle. I have no idea why there is a temporary 30 mile an hour limit in place along that road at that point as there were no roadworks or anything to indicate anything out of the ordinary and it is normally a national speed limit section of road.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Matt

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 00:11
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here