PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking Eye - Northampton CCBC claim
Webbed70
post Tue, 18 Mar 2014 - 14:22
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,529

As with most posts looking for some advice. Parked at the Park Inn in Manchester in November, entering and leaving without authorisation. Wasn't aware I needed any as it was the car park for the hotel, where I had a meeting.

Since then I have moved house and have only just received a load of mail, lots from Parking Eye ... the most recent being a claim form from Northampton County Court (issue date 3/3/14).

Claiming £100, court fee £15, solicitors fees £50.

I had 'parked without authorisation' and they are now enforcing the 'parking charge' of £100.

Really had no idea, and having only seen sight of this chain of letters very recently, concerned with the County Court aspect.

Advice please, Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Tue, 18 Mar 2014 - 14:22
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
emanresu
post Tue, 18 Mar 2014 - 14:31
Post #2

Member No.: 13,324

Acknowledge and say you will defend to get extra time. Also phone up Park Inn and tell them you were a customer on that dsay and you are now being invoiced an extortionate amount for using their car park [restate you were a customer]. What can they do about it.

If they say "nothing" then tell them you need the name of their Company Secretary as you will want to make a counter claim again the hotel.

+Quote Post
ManxRed
post Tue, 18 Mar 2014 - 14:52
Post #3

Member No.: 21,992

QUOTE (emanresu @ Tue, 18 Mar 2014 - 14:31) *
Also phone up Park Inn and tell them you were a customer on that dsay and you are now being invoiced sued for an extortionate amount for using their car park

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
Webbed70
post Tue, 18 Mar 2014 - 15:30
Post #4

Member No.: 69,529

Interestingly my colleague at the meeting for for a longer time than me, and parked in the spot next to me ... has received no such demand!!

+Quote Post
Nanu
post Tue, 18 Mar 2014 - 20:02
Post #5

Member No.: 66,689

I know it may be nothing to do with this forum but when contacting the hotel, state you are intending to put your experience on Trip Advisor if not resolved. It usually has the desired effect.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 13:40
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here