Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN - Partially parked on double yellows in non parking permit zone
snp
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 20:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104,305

Hiya,

New to this forum but I have had a look around and can't find any topics that relate to this specifically so would like a little bit of advice from you all.

I got home today to find a NTO from a PCN which I received in early May. I had absolutely no idea I had this PCN and probably would have just paid the 35 quid had I known about it! I can only assume that it wasn't attached to the windscreen well and fell off. It was torrential rain that day - I remember it was the local elections and I got wet through walking the 300m to go vote. I'll try and appeal the amount that I have to pay and see if they will reinstate the discount.

This isn't the main reason I was asking for your help, however. In the evidence photos it shows me as being partially parked on a double yellow - which I was, front wheel is approximately a foot over the T at the end of the double yellows. I think this is pretty harsh, but realise technically I am parked on double yellows.

In the reasoning for the PCN it states "01 Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours". The thing is, is that this street is not restricted parking, parts of the adjacent street is, and in none of the evidence photos does it show parking restrictions. It seems like its the wrong code to apply for this.

Is it worth appealing on these grounds? In addition to appealing for a discount that I never received the original PCN.

I've attached a couple of photos.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 20:59
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 21:15
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

The wording is standard for being on yellow lines. Post all the council pics so we can see what's what.

Put pics on https://imgbb.com or such like.

If you appeal and say there was no PCN when you returned to car they will reoffer the discount at least.

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 21:16

+Quote Post
snp
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 21:22
Post #3

Thanks, here's all the photos they've uploaded:

Maybe I should add that this road and all the roads uphill from here aren't within the permit parking, so its not in the centre of the permit area, as it were.

I'd probably be happy enough with the discounted rate, to be fair. Just a bit harsh is all.

This post has been edited by snp: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 21:24

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 21:30
Post #4

Member No.: 59,924

bang to rights - forget about the permit area - the is just for being too much on the double yellows.

We can't check the PCN but you can post all the NTO and we can check that for faults. If none, you should explain the PCN probably got washed off and would they kindly reoffer the discount to settle.

+Quote Post
snp
post Fri, 14 Jun 2019 - 22:03
Post #5

Fair enough, thanks a bunch for your advice.

It was mainly the wording on the reasoning which made me think there might be something there. I'll just go for the nicely worded, PCN-got-washed-off approach, it isn't a steep fine.

Thank you very much again.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 16 Jun 2019 - 17:56
Post #6

Member No.: 42,618

Check on http://bit.ly/2ALghSS to see if there's a known flaw in this council's paperwork, or just post up the Notice to Owner and we'll check for you.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 23rd July 2019 - 05:55
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.