PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Will an indepdant adjudicator accept evidece on a phone app for delivering/loading on double yellow
Plywood-Enthusia...
post Thu, 21 Oct 2021 - 15:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,480

Long story short. I was loading on dbl yellow. Delivery 5 packages to 5 different addresses in a tower block. the traffic warden gave me a tick for being parked on a double yellow.

I deliver for amazon flex using my own car.

These were nappies and a few other heavy items that required miltiple trips to/from the car, there were no loading bays free.

The council in greenwich and it seems that if you're not a van they don't really let you load/unload from double yellow.

I left my hazards on, and I left an amazon package on my dashboard to indicate im delivering.

I sent screenshots of my delivery route, also I sent screenshots of my earnings from the phone. The delivery screenshots show precise time delivery at each address.

I could not get a letter from amazon stating I was delivering for them - because they are a huge corporation and the emails you send to them get answered by artificual intellifence just reinterating "parking charges are the responsbility of the driver".

Anyway, what are my chances of taking this up with an independant adjudicator and winning.

Greenwhich coucil have responded to this appeal on 19th October. I sent the appeal in on mid May! Bloody 5 months to review a case and make a decision.

This post has been edited by Plywood-Enthusiast: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 - 15:53
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Advertisement
post Thu, 21 Oct 2021 - 15:35
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Plywood-Enthusia...
post Thu, 21 Oct 2021 - 15:49
Post #2

if they waited 5 months to reply to a representation. Are they going to even bother attending a hearing with an adjudicator?

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Thu, 21 Oct 2021 - 15:51
Post #3

Member No.: 38,559

Let's see the PCN and the rejection please.

An adjudicator will look at any evidence and its credibility.
Can't see why screen shots of the deliveries would not be accepted as long as adjudicator believed genuine.
Couple them with evidence you deliver for Amazon...pay slips??? and cannot see them not being accepted.

+Quote Post
Plywood-Enthusia...
post Thu, 21 Oct 2021 - 15:56
Post #4

I'll post what I have later today. I don't have the rejection letter yet. I was worried the rejection letter got lost in the post so I kept emailing them every few weeks. They replied to me today via email saying below

Our decision letter has been sent out on 19th October advising the Penalty Charge Notice has not been waived.

Odd phraseology, I wondered whether it was a type. But I went back on the greenwich PCN site and put the PCN number and reg in and the payment page still pops up.

This post has been edited by Plywood-Enthusiast: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 - 16:01

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Thu, 21 Oct 2021 - 16:16
Post #5

Member No.: 59,924

If this is a rejection to an informal challenge and an NTO is yet to served at 5 months it will probably time out (6 months to serve an NTO) but let's see the materials.

We had a similar multi-drop off case recently in Birmingham I think that the council eventually conceded I think.

Put pics on https://imgbb.com or such like as space on forum is limited. https://imgbb.com has BBCode to embed pics on the forum. Set uploads not to autodelete if signed up and using https://imgbb.com Or use Google Docs etc.

+Quote Post
Plywood-Enthusia...
post Thu, 21 Oct 2021 - 18:51
Post #6

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Thu, 21 Oct 2021 - 17:16) *
If this is a rejection to an informal challenge and an NTO is yet to served at 5 months it will probably time out (6 months to serve an NTO) but let's see the materials.

We had a similar multi-drop off case recently in Birmingham I think that the council eventually conceded I think.

Put pics on https://imgbb.com or such like as space on forum is limited. https://imgbb.com has BBCode to embed pics on the forum. Set uploads not to autodelete if signed up and using https://imgbb.com Or use Google Docs etc.

I think they know, that's why they auto rejected it. Original PCN issues 6/5/2021 it will be 6 months on 6/11/2021.

I think they just auto rejected my representation just in time for them to send a NTO just within that time (14 days after rejection of representation). According the email they sent out a rejection of representation on 19/10/2021.

I was surprised they rejected my representation to be honest. I gave them all my screenshots, bank statements of earnings, and screenshots of my app showing my earnings.

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Fri, 22 Oct 2021 - 09:30
Post #7

Member No.: 38,559

They may well be out of time for an NTO anyway.
Most informal rejections give 14 days for payment at discount and 28 days before an NTO will be sent.
Not hard and fast but if they posted a rejection on 19th Oct, that probably doesn't leave enough time for an NTO within the 6 months.

It's wait and see what appears now, my concern with the PCN was if it was an 02..parked where both waiting and loading restrictions apply, if it deffo only waiting (01) then what you sent should have sufficed and I would repeat with any NTO....plus timing if applicable.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 27th November 2021 - 12:16
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.