PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Best course of action Night time NPC from APNR, Help me :P
kobokobo
post Mon, 11 Jun 2018 - 12:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,367

Hey I have attached a NPC letter that the driver received for allegedly parking for just over an hour in the middle of the night at an APNR monitored car park.

Since it is a short amount of time should the driver appeal that they were just looking for a space and trying to read the signs in the dark?
I cannot seem to get the attachment of the letter to work. I've uploaded here https://imgur.com/a/2oaJyKv
Thanks

This post has been edited by kobokobo: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 01:03
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Advertisement
post Mon, 11 Jun 2018 - 12:44
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 11 Jun 2018 - 13:10
Post #2

Member No.: 15,642

EDIT YOUR POST

The driver MUST NOT be identified
They must be called "the driver". Nothing else.

Dont lie.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 11 Jun 2018 - 13:17
Post #3

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (kobokobo @ Mon, 11 Jun 2018 - 13:44) *
Since it is a short amount of time should the keeper appeal that the driver was just looking for a space and trying to read the signs in the dark?

Was that true then? (An hour is probably pushing it)

This post has been edited by Jlc: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 - 13:18

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
kobokobo
post Mon, 11 Jun 2018 - 22:52
Post #4

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Mon, 11 Jun 2018 - 14:10) *
EDIT YOUR POST

The driver MUST NOT be identified
They must be called "the driver". Nothing else.

Dont lie.

Sorry I am not sure where I identified myself I blocked out the name on the picture?

@JLC Because it was night time and there was no lighting in the car park it was impossible to see the signs so I did spend some time looking, I left promptly after.

It sounds like I have no grounds and I should just pay my parking ticket? Is there no angle I can try and appeal on? Seems unfair to me but, to be honest I didn't even realise there was such a thing as parking fines at night time. Maybe I have just been lucky.
Thanks

This post has been edited by kobokobo: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 - 22:53

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 12 Jun 2018 - 06:37
Post #5

Member No.: 49,223

ANPR never sleeps - the parking conditions are on the signage. But that signage is not visible then there’s no contract.

We generally don’t tell people to pay...

NCP aren’t that litigious but appear to have been dabbling recently with a claim or two.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Sheffield Dave
post Tue, 12 Jun 2018 - 07:55
Post #6

Member No.: 62,052

QUOTE (kobokobo @ Mon, 11 Jun 2018 - 23:52) *
Sorry I am not sure where I identified myself I blocked out the name on the picture?

In the text of your your initial post, avoid phrases like "I"/"we"/"my wife"/"my son" did X; replace any such occurrences with "the driver did X"

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 12 Jun 2018 - 08:39
Post #7

SO were the signs unlit? SImple yes or no.
Thats your best angle.

+Quote Post
kobokobo
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 01:01
Post #8

They were unlit, so should the driver appeal with that? Since the sings were unlit there is no way they could have known it was paid parking?

It is best to appeal right and not just ignore?
Thanks

This post has been edited by kobokobo: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 01:03

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 05:40
Post #9

Member No.: 317

Edit your first post, the postal PCN goes to the keeper as they don’t know who the driver was.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 14 Jun 2018 - 07:43
Post #10

The driver does literally NOTHING with this
The KEEPEr appeals.
Thats why wee have said to appeal, why every thread says to appeal, etc...

+Quote Post
kobokobo
post Fri, 13 Jul 2018 - 12:00
Post #11

Hi
The keeper received this email

appeal has
also been considered in conjunction with the evidence gathered by our Automatic Number Plate
Recognition cameras, which record your entry and exit times. Our records show the notice was
correctly issued as your vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms and Conditions of Parking.
We are therefore unable to cancel the Parking Charge Notice as it was issued correctly. We have now
extended the discounted payment period by a further 14 days to allow you time to pay the discounted
settlement amount. Please now make payment of £60 to reach us by **** or £100 to reach us
by ****. We must advise you that once the discounted settlement rate passes it will not be
offered again.
Payments can be made by cheque or postal order made payable to National Car parks Limited, please
ensure you write your Parking Charge Notice number clearly on the reverse. Please do not send cash
through the post.
Payment can also be made using a debit or credit card on our website;
http://ncp.zatappeal.com/?utm_source=ZP button&utm_campaign=zp-pcn-payment
You can also pay using our Automated Payment Line: 03330230498
You have reached the end of our internal appeals procedure. NCP will not assess further appeals in
relation to this matter. However, in line with our Accredited Trade Association (ATA) membership we
are required to provide you with an Independent Appeals Service. If you wish to appeal your case
further you can now only do so to Parking On Private Land Appeals (POPLA) provided by Ombudsman
Services on instruction of the British Parking Association.

Is it worth the keeper taking it to popla considering they will lose the reduced payment option? Does Popla often lead to succesful appeal? The appeal of the keepr being it was the middle of the night and there was no lighting to see or read signs.
Thanks

This post has been edited by kobokobo: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 - 14:11

+Quote Post
Sheffield Dave
post Fri, 13 Jul 2018 - 12:14
Post #12

Member No.: 62,052

Edit your last post. Any correspondence etc is to or from the keeper.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 13 Jul 2018 - 12:15
Post #13

Member No.: 60,457

If you continue in the way you are dealing with this forum you will be on a hiding to nothing. How many times does it have to be said: The DRIVER parked the car, the KEEPER received all the letters and sent the appeal. Suggest you go through and edit.

So what was your appeal? Posted up here suitably redacted, to see what you said.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Fri, 13 Jul 2018 - 12:40
Post #14

Indeed, weve told you so often, I really cant be bothered to help
Youve taken nothing on board.
Im out.

+Quote Post
kobokobo
post Fri, 13 Jul 2018 - 14:18
Post #15

Guys I am really sorry not the fastest learner, doing my best... I have edited my posts I think they are right now!? icon_redface.gif

The keeper appealed that there was not sufficient lighting to see the signs of the car park. Since it was the middle of the night it was not possible to see any signage and so not possible to realise you should pay. The keeper cannot post exact message since it was sent on webform and keeper no longer has a copy.

Should keeper continue to appeal with popla or was the best shot with the original npc appeal?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 06:31
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here