PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Threat of County Court Judgement - Euro Parks, Euro Car Parks and Controlaccount plc - Threat of County Court Judgeme
nixyetton47
post Tue, 16 Oct 2012 - 16:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 57,718

Back in July I parked in a Marks and Spencer car park to do some shopping, the sign on the wall said 0-1 hours FREE - I was in the shop less than an hour, spent £97.00 and when I came out I had a 'parking ticket'.

I spoke to the attendant who then informed me that you have to get a ticket from the machine and display it and it is free for the first hour. This is only in the very small print on the wall sign which I had missed.

I took a photograph of the sign from where I was parked to prove this and that the sign is misleading.

I ignored the first letter from Euro Car Parks and have today received a letter from controlaccount plc threatening Legal Proceedings and it states that they have firm instructions to apply for a county court judgement against me - What do I do now??

Have uploaded the letter. Reading the threads I should ignore any letters but to do so is making me anxious. :{

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Europark_ticket_oct_12.pdf ( 857.48K ) Number of downloads: 356

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 20)
Advertisement
post Tue, 16 Oct 2012 - 16:00
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Martin Cutts
post Fri, 26 Oct 2012 - 04:15
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,673

Thanks a lot.

Martin

QUOTE (nixyetton47 @ Tue, 23 Oct 2012 - 09:59) *
QUOTE (Martin Cutts @ Wed, 17 Oct 2012 - 09:26) *
Would you please upload a photo of the sign that misled you?

My main interest is the way private parking companies use misleading signs to increase the number of contraventions and thus their revenue, and this sounds a great example.

There's relevant stuff about signage on our website www.clearest.co.uk, both in the News and Views section and in the Publications > Articles > Private parking section.

Martin Cutts, Plain Language Commission

Hi - Here is the photograph of the misleading sign. It says 0-1 hours free - I read that bit and went into the shop - spent £97 and returned to my vehicle within the hour.

By the way, in which town was this M&S store?

The sign is obviously not clear enough and if the case ever did come to court, I'd expect you to win on that basis. If there's a much bigger sign at the car-park entrance, that might make a difference. Was there one?

Martin

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 18:35
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here