PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

HELP stopped slightly on yellow box outside fire station, Any help greatly appreciated
Leeah
post Tue, 8 Jan 2019 - 11:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,703

Thank you for your time!

Please see attached the PCN received.

I was stopped on the yellow box outside of a fire station but as you can see it was only my rear wheels.

At the time it seemed to me that I had sufficient clearance but obviously I misjudged.

Is there anything I can argue to try and challenge this?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  08011900.PDF ( 280.88K ) Number of downloads: 79

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Tue, 8 Jan 2019 - 11:56
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
HotWater
post Tue, 8 Jan 2019 - 12:02
Post #2

Member No.: 101,529

This needs moving to council parking and decriminalised.

It will be important to know whether you actually stopped, and for how long. You have clearly moved between the two still frames.

Does the notice give you a link to view the video? Please post the rest of the pages.

Also, what is the date on the top right of the notice?

This post has been edited by HotWater: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 - 12:06

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 8 Jan 2019 - 12:24
Post #3

Member No.: 42,618

Contact TFL and ask them for the video, they'll send you a DVD and put the penalty on hold in the meantime.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
Leeah
post Tue, 8 Jan 2019 - 14:51
Post #4

Member No.: 98,703

QUOTE (HotWater @ Tue, 8 Jan 2019 - 12:02) *
This needs moving to council parking and decriminalised.

It will be important to know whether you actually stopped, and for how long. You have clearly moved between the two still frames.

Does the notice give you a link to view the video? Please post the rest of the pages.

Also, what is the date on the top right of the notice?

I definitely stopped, for a few seconds. The stills are taken 5 seconds apart and I have only moved around 30 cm in that time so can't say that I was moving continuously.

The photos online show there is a truck before me who stopped to let a bus turn into the road. I wonder if I can use that?

The date of notice is 22/12/18, not sure why but I accidentally scribbled it out.

I was not given any link, the other page is standard how to submit a representation bla bla bla.

I will definitely ask for DVD though so at least to give me time to get all my options.

Many thanks.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 8 Jan 2019 - 15:21
Post #5

Member No.: 59,924

Homerton fire station is probably the most common yellow box we see. It's a nasty one because of the second box and buses exiting which means many people misjudge the fire station box. have to say that if you were substantially in the box for more that say 3 secs I would pay the discount and not waste time on this, but by all means get video but don't take your eye off deadlines.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 24th March 2019 - 22:30
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.