PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Crimebodge arrested
youreds91
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 12:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,070

This is a guy on YouTube who has quite clearly got a grudge against the Police.

https://crimebodge.com/

His grudge started here https://crimebodge.com/the-story-behind-this-website/

I make no comment on his videos in general, but he has been arrested & charged for saying the words "No s**t" to a PC.

The initial video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI21dL0qGrI

Follow up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id_JSgSlSL8&t=

Comments? He's obviously been getting under their skin for a while. Is it really in the public interest to haul him into court for this?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Advertisement
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 12:35
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
southpaw82
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 12:51
Post #2

Member No.: 18,483

There’s case law that a PC can’t be harassed alarmed or distressed for a s 5 POA offence - so it’d have to be more than that to proceed.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 13:22
Post #3

Member No.: 42,618

To interview someone under caution for a section 5 offence seems disproportionate to begin with, to send a PC to the guy's house seems a complete waste of police time. A Penalty Notice for Disorder would be quite sufficient.

The warrant also seems odd, as the police say they have the evidence why wouldn't the prosecution just prove the case in the defendant's absence? That would normally be the case for a non-imprisonable offence (and we know it's unlikely to be a warrant for non-payment of fines as those would usually be enforced by HMCTS officers rather than the police, unless there's violence markers or some other reason why the police need to enforce it).

Having said that, the police don't tend to harass you if you avoid having a "public disagreement" with a public servant of any description. If there is a genuine complaint, a written complaint to the relevant organisation is far more effective.

Of course the trouble we have here is we're only hearing one side of the story.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 14:18
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 13:22) *
Having said that, the police don't tend to harass you if you avoid having a "public disagreement" with a public servant of any description. If there is a genuine complaint, a written complaint to the relevant organisation is far more effective.

You forgot to add that if you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear.

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 17:23
Post #5

QUOTE (andy_foster @ Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 14:18) *
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 13:22) *

You forgot to add that if you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear.

The main point I was making is that even if the grievance is genuine and well founded, arguing with a public servant on the street, who likely has little to no decision making powers, is mostly pointless. Making a formal complaint through the proper channels on the other hand can see processes, procedures or whatever else actually being changed.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 17:36
Post #6

Member No.: 90,659

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 17:23) *
The main point I was making is that even if the grievance is genuine and well founded, arguing with a public servant on the street, who likely has little to no decision making powers, is mostly pointless. Making a formal complaint through the proper channels on the other hand can see processes, procedures or whatever else actually being changed.

Yes but any front line public servant should be able to act professionally, which mostly means ignoring unreasonable people.

If I had a quid for every time I got grief for failings of the entire NHS I'd be rich, right up to someone kicking off because there was no one in the kitchen to make them apple pie at 7.30pm. Smile and nod.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 17:39
Post #7

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 12:51) *
There’s case law that a PC can’t be harassed alarmed or distressed for a s 5 POA offence - so it’d have to be more than that to proceed.

I think that’s a bit of a simplification, but yes for a comment of no 5h1t I’d agree. My understanding from that case is that a PC can’t use S5 for something he would hear on a near daily basis.

This post has been edited by The Rookie: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 17:40

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 17:52
Post #8

QUOTE (andy_foster @ Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 14:18) *

That hardly translates into letting a PC into your house no matter the circumstances. I'm sure that 99% of the time if a copper turned up at my house I'd invite them in and offer them a cup of tea, but if I'm busy or don't like their attitude I'd likely ask them to send me a letter or return by appointment.

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 17:39) *

I think that’s a bit of a simplification, but yes for a comment of no 5h1t I’d agree. My understanding from that case is that a PC can’t use S5 for something he would hear on a near daily basis.

I agree, but again the fact that a warrant was issued suggests there's more to it. Had it just been a no sh!t comment, I would have expected a conviction in absence.

--------------------

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 18:36
Post #9

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 17:39) *

Was there a need for the explanation to be more complicated or are you just rolling the dice and hoping you’re showing off some knowledge?

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 18:56
Post #10

Member No.: 317

It was your definitive “can’t” I thought inaccurate, ‘wouldn’t normally’ perhaps, sorry, no offence intended.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Dean123
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 19:47
Post #11

Member No.: 76,562

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 17:36) *
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 17:23) *
.... arguing with a public servant on the street...

.......Yes but any front line public servant should be able to act professionally, which mostly means ignoring unreasonable people......

Police Officers are Crown Servants and not public Servants, big difference.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 22:01
Post #12

QUOTE (Dean123 @ Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 19:47) *

Not really, they're paid out of public funds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dean123
post Tue, 27 Nov 2018 - 21:56
Post #13

Member No.: 76,562

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 22:01) *

I'm sure those Crown Servants disagree as they do not get the benefits of being employed like actual public servants.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Tue, 27 Nov 2018 - 22:24
Post #14

QUOTE (Dean123 @ Tue, 27 Nov 2018 - 21:56) *
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 26 Nov 2018 - 22:01) *

I'm sure those Crown Servants disagree as they do not get the benefits of being employed like actual public servants.

And that’s relevant to the topic at hand because...?

--------------------

+Quote Post
youreds91
post Mon, 3 Dec 2018 - 08:24
Post #15

Member No.: 15,070

Not guilty, & not over yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuRTPbI0ciY

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 08:42
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here