PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Camera flash within limit
ArchAngelDante
post Fri, 28 Dec 2018 - 22:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,618

I was driving home from work on the M1 from Wakefield to Leeds and there was an incident on the M1 with speed limit dropping from 60 to 50 then to 30.
I got to a point where the overhead gantry indicated that cars should move to the left two lanes and the overhead gantry showing 30 on those two lanes. There were more cars on the inside lane and a few of us on the lane right next to it, but I noticed the camera flashed when the car in front of me drove past. Because of this I double checked my speed and was sure I was doing 30, only to drive past and see two flashes in my rearview.
Could I get an NIP even though I was doing 30, my mind playing tricks on me now and I'm bit worried.
I did notice the camera flashing multiple times after I had gone past as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
Advertisement
post Fri, 28 Dec 2018 - 22:27
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Fri, 28 Dec 2018 - 23:01
Post #2

Member No.: 317

Could you? Well obviously yes, is it likely is the proper question, and we get a lot of reports of people being flashed by HADECS 3 and not getting NIPs, so I’d say it’s unlikely.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Logician
post Fri, 28 Dec 2018 - 23:04
Post #3

Member No.: 36,528

Perhaps you slowed before checking your speed, perhaps the camera was faulty, only time will tell. If you are the registered keeper you will know in 14 days.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ArchAngelDante
post Fri, 28 Dec 2018 - 23:52
Post #4

QUOTE (Logician @ Fri, 28 Dec 2018 - 23:04) *
Perhaps you slowed before checking your speed, perhaps the camera was faulty, only time will tell. If you are the registered keeper you will know in 14 days.

The thing is I was driving with the limiter on and I'm sure it was set to 30 once I saw the sign. So I couldn't have been doing more 30 even if I wanted to. Now my mind is playing tricks on me and I'm wondering if I set the limiter right.

This post has been edited by ArchAngelDante: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 00:14

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 08:32
Post #5

Member No.: 49,223

What's done is done - but I doubt you'll hear anything.

It sounds like others were setting it off.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 10:55
Post #6

Member No.: 90,659

Variable speed limits don't show 30 - only 20 or 40. Are you sure it wasn't 20?

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 11:41
Post #7

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 10:55) *
Variable speed limits don't show 30 - only 20 or 40.

Really? This FOI response suggests otherwise, so I'd be interested to know your source.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post
Kickaha
post Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 12:12
Post #8

Member No.: 38,126

Is it possible it flashed because he was in a lane that was closed?

This post has been edited by Kickaha: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 12:13

+Quote Post
mickR
post Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 12:40
Post #9

Member No.: 9,919

Transitman posted a dash cam pic of gantry with 30 limit some while back. It was on a thread about differing limits on each lane which some also said was not possible.

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 14:23
Post #10

Member No.: 90,659

I misremembered, it is HE policy to use 20mph then 40-60mph.

https://trl.co.uk/media/175083/HA%20policy%...als%20v1_01.pdf

Obviously that implies that 30mph can be used, but presumably it would have to be set manually rather than automatically unless their guidelines have changed.

+Quote Post
ArchAngelDante
post Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 14:47
Post #11

Nope, I'm pretty sure it said 30. I was surprised myself and once I saw it I knew something serious must have happened ahead and then not longer after the whole road was closed.

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 14:48
Post #12

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

From a quick scan of that document I can't see any policy to avoid using 30mph, and it is shown as being an approved sign. In the light of another thread here it was interesting to see that this is where the 20mph limit for "oncoming vehicle" incidents originates.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post
ArchAngelDante
post Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 14:53
Post #13

QUOTE (Kickaha @ Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 12:12) *
Is it possible it flashed because he was in a lane that was closed?

Nope, I'm pretty sure I was in one of the open lanes. There were two lanes open and two with arrows nudging people to the aforementioned lanes. The two inner lanes were the ones open and I was on the outside one of the two open lanes. I'm sure because I signalled initially to switch to the third lane, saw the sign and cancelled the signal and stayed in lane.

This post has been edited by ArchAngelDante: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 14:54

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 29 Dec 2018 - 20:13
Post #14

Member No.: 42,618

I've seen a 30 limit posted on a gantry before, I remember as the HGV behind me had to slow down quite rapidly when I (presumably to his surprise) slowed down to 30.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
ArchAngelDante
post Sat, 19 Jan 2019 - 12:53
Post #15

Hello, so it's been about 3 weeks now and I have not gotten anything. Correct address on my V5 as well. No longer holding my breath. If I don't see anything next week then I'll be certain nothing is coming.
Thanks.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 19 Jan 2019 - 18:24
Post #16

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (ArchAngelDante @ Sat, 19 Jan 2019 - 12:53) *
Hello, so it's been about 3 weeks now and I have not gotten anything. Correct address on my V5 as well. No longer holding my breath. If I don't see anything next week then I'll be certain nothing is coming.
Thanks.

If you want to be 100% sure, call the speed enforcement department of the force concerned. If something's been sent but has been lost in the post, it's much better to find out now than when you get a letter saying you've been convicted in your absence for failure to name the driver. Even though you can make a statutory declaration to get the matter dealt with afresh, it'll be too late for an out of court disposal.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
axeman
post Sat, 19 Jan 2019 - 19:37
Post #17

Member No.: 11,071

I experienced the same M1 southbound between Jn 33 and 31, saw camera flash for car in front of me and then me, speed limit reduced from 70 to 60 then 50 and 40.
I passed to the 40 area and was flashed, I checked my dash cam and it said I was doing 47 to 48 mph, that was on the 2nd Jan, nothing in the post so far so suspect it was being used as an enforcement tool so long as your speed was not to excessive.

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sat, 19 Jan 2019 - 18:24) *
QUOTE (ArchAngelDante @ Sat, 19 Jan 2019 - 12:53) *
Thanks.

If you want to be 100% sure, call the speed enforcement department of the force concerned. If something's been sent but has been lost in the post, it's much better to find out now than when you get a letter saying you've been convicted in your absence for failure to name the driver. Even though you can make a statutory declaration to get the matter dealt with afresh, it'll be too late for an out of court disposal.

--------------------
NOTICE The content of this post and of any replies to it may assist in or relate to the formulation of strategy tactics etcetera in a legal action. This post and any replies to it should therefore be assumed to be legally privileged and therefore must not be disclosed, copied, quoted, discussed, used or referred to outside of the PePiPoo forum on which it was originally posted additionally it must not be disclosed, copied, quoted, discussed, used or referred to by any person or organisation other than a member of PePiPoo appropriately paid up and in full compliance with the PePiPoo terms of use for the forum on which it was originally posted. The PePiPoo terms of use can be found at http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=boardrules. For the avoidance of doubt, if you are reading this material in any form other than an on-line HTML resource directly and legitimately accessed via a URL commencing "http://forums.pepipoo.com" then it has been obtained by improper means and you are probably reading it in breach of legal privilege. If the material you are reading does not include this notice then it has been obtained improperly and you are probably reading it in breach of legal privilege. Your attention is drawn to the Written Standards for the Conduct of Professional Work issued by the Bar Standards Board particularly under heading 7, "Documents".

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved" and do not constitute legal advice. Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 16:06
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here