Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outcome question?
Greek God
post Thu, 27 Dec 2018 - 19:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,509

Hello

Fairly certain I have been caught by a camera van exceeding NSL.
No apologies or arguments - open A road, good conditions, no traffic, new more powerful car, allowed the speed to get away from me. I saw the van too late. On pulling my dashcam video the indicated gps speed was 84/85.

As I understand it I am above the limit for a SAC to be offered and I believe the limit for straight to court is 86.

The outcome - FPN or Court will depend on my gps accuracy vs the camera and I guess I will find out in the next 14 days or less when the NIP arrives.

I know court will be expensive but is anyone able to advise on any ban likelyhood?
Will I need to present personally and will it make any difference if I do or not?
I would be pleading guilty so would I need representation or can I doi it myself?

Thanks for your help
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Thu, 27 Dec 2018 - 19:52
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 27 Dec 2018 - 20:05
Post #2

Member No.: 317

So what was the speed limit?

If I assume it was a 60, then if it was up to 85 it will be a fixed penalty, above that and it will be court.

Fine should be circa 150% of your weekly take home (after Tax and NI only), points will be 5 or 6, Id suggest 5 is more likely if it was just over the FP threshold, a disqualification is very unlikely. I think.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Greek God
post Thu, 27 Dec 2018 - 20:45
Post #3

Member No.: 27,509

Thanks Rookie
It was not specifically signed but would be NSL or 60. I know its going to be expensive if it goes that route but it was a ban I was concerned with!
Also does one have to actually send off a licence these days given that there's no part b and points don't physically appear on the license itself?
Thanks again.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 27 Dec 2018 - 20:50
Post #4

Member No.: 317

Yes you do, as
1/ some people still have paper licences
2/ it helps prevent someone giving someone else’s details and them being penalised while potentially knowing nothing about the case at all.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 28 Dec 2018 - 18:18
Post #5

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 27 Dec 2018 - 20:50) *
2/ it helps prevent someone giving someone else’s details and them being penalised while potentially knowing nothing about the case at all.

+1, there's enough people trying to palm off points to someone else as it is.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 12:56
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here