PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Driver beats speed fine by proving old runabout can't go that fast, Another Devon & Cornwall Bumpkins fiasco
mudmover
post Mon, 19 Jan 2009 - 13:02
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 2,032

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, or has there been a similar case? The incident apparantly dates from Dec 2007, a year to obtain a court resolution is about right. I wonder if RSS were involved in this waste of taxpayers money tongue.gif
Funnily enough there is no mention of this case on the D&C bumpkins website news: D&C propaganda

Daily Mirror

Motorist Dale Lyle was driven mad when he was told speed cameras caught him doing 98mph - and spent a year and £1,200 proving his innocence.

Dale, 21, even bought back the Honda Civic after selling it on - then paid an independent driving expert to take it on a two-mile test circuit at top speed.

And today he is celebrating victory after proving his old banger could not go that fast. The results showed that even driven flat-out the 1.3 litre runabout Honda could only do 85.4mph in fourth gear and 81.3mph in fifth gear.

Finance worker Dale - who has a clean licence - said yesterday: "It's ridiculous the lengths I've had to go to prove I was innocent. The whole thing has been a shambles, a waste of money........................

This post has been edited by mudmover: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 - 13:04
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 28)
Advertisement
post Mon, 19 Jan 2009 - 13:02
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jasper Foxx
post Tue, 20 Jan 2009 - 23:32
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,728

QUOTE (glasgow_bhoy @ Tue, 20 Jan 2009 - 23:29) *
So did u ever get a full written appology lol from the CPS??? Id be demanding one (still wouldnt get it lol)

Nope,nothing! Turns out they'd sent my Letter of Discontinuance to my old address in Plymouth even though they'd had my new Bristol address for about 5 months and had written to me here plenty of times! Finally got that through last Friday.

I asked about costs when I was on the phone demanding the letter of discontinuance and I was told by the courts that I would apply to the CPS for costs,then the CPS said that I would have to apply through the courts. I just got fed up and decided to expose them for the shambles they are!

+Quote Post
bama
post Wed, 21 Jan 2009 - 00:02
Post #22

Member No.: 4,323

Eagles, can some assistance be offered to jasper re his costs argument ?

Jasper,
T-shirt (Hall of Fame) not enough.

Roll of honour I think. very well done indeed sir.

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post
desktop_demon
post Wed, 21 Jan 2009 - 00:55
Post #23

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 21,303

PPP should obtain and keep a copy of the offending video. It can be brought out at parties...

--------------------
When your life finally flashes in front of you - let's hope there's something worth watching.

+Quote Post
Mika
post Wed, 21 Jan 2009 - 10:28
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (desktop_demon @ Wed, 21 Jan 2009 - 00:55) *
PPP should obtain and keep a copy of the offending video. It can be brought out at parties...

This link will take you to BBC Points West piece and it includes an extract form the traffic video.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jasper Foxx
post Thu, 22 Jan 2009 - 23:49
Post #25

You don't ask,you don't get wink.gif

Purchase of Honda Civic Registration Mark L637 TOR £600

Purchase of Vehicle Speed Test at Millbrook Proving Ground £581.63

(ref: LYL01 Invoice number: SIN007660)

Fuel Costs for collecting above vehicle and taking it for testing £345.15

(Worked at 45p per mile, total 767miles )

(BS16 5HP to PL22 0QL [157 miles] x 3 [return in one car, one way in L637 TOR],

BS16 5HP to MK45 2JQ [148 miles] x 2 [return in L637 TOR to test centre] )

Insurance for L637 TOR to allow road use for travelling to the test station £13.65

( DayInsure.com Policy number: 0536H00004000544446D )

Fuel Costs for travelling to 3 x court hearings

( 9 June 2008,8th July 2008 and 4th September 2008) £345.60

(Worked at 45p per mile, total 768 miles)

(BS16 5HP to PL1 2AH [128miles] x 6 [3 return trips] )

Case Preparation at Litigant in Person rate (£9.25 per hour) £111.00

(12 hrs at £9.25 per hour.)

Days from work taken as Holiday to allow Court Appearances £204.48

(24hrs at £8.52 per hour. )

Interest Charges on Money Loaned for Expenses £48.53

(Natwest Overdraft rate of 2.19% monthly,29.6% APR)

These are all the costs incurred as a result of gaining my evidence and appearing in the above case. I can provide all receipts bar Fuel costs, Case Preparation costs and Holiday day’s taken.

I am more than happy to provide any explanation to any of the above costs and to working with you in finding a resolution.

Sound fair? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
anton
post Fri, 23 Jan 2009 - 06:41
Post #26

Member No.: 1,514

Looks fair
and realy well done.

12 hours LIP time seams low when you spent time buying back your car, taking it to the test center?? was al this time included?

This post has been edited by anton: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 - 06:45

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jasper Foxx
post Fri, 23 Jan 2009 - 07:13
Post #27

QUOTE (anton @ Fri, 23 Jan 2009 - 06:41) *
Looks fair
and realy well done.

12 hours LIP time seams low when you spent time buying back your car, taking it to the test center?? was al this time included?

it wasn't but tbh I treat the testing as more of a 'day out' than anything wink.gif had such a brilliant day there that tbh I'm not too worried about claiming that time back.

and to be honest,I think they're going to argue the toss with me over all these costs anyway so I might as well give them less to argue about

+Quote Post
anton
post Fri, 23 Jan 2009 - 08:27
Post #28

Member No.: 1,514

I would be harder on them, put one rediculous thing on the claim for them to put the red pen through... rolleyes.gif
The only route to payment is a series of time limited recorded delivery letters followed by online money claim or county court claim.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bama
post Fri, 23 Jan 2009 - 10:39
Post #29

Member No.: 4,323

remember borsicorn (Hall of Fame alumnus)

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 16th June 2019 - 11:46
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.