PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mrs just got cammed !, ...for speeding
Carecomp
post Mon, 26 May 2008 - 09:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,843

Just got the NIP addressed to me (car is regged in my name) for an offence (?) of speeding whilst driven by the missis.

She remembers the day, and in fact commented on passing the mobile camera when she got home.
She is SURE the speedo read a tad under 35 MPH.... tests with 2 GPS units since show the "35" as 33, so she was actually doing 32-33 MPH at the time.

Ok, this IS over the 30 limit, but 10% ffs.... are we no longer allowed ANY leeway ?

Is this worth fighting ? she's in a right state... and we cant really afford the fine, or the insurance bump that may result.

Please can you help ? What do we do next ? Ive read that you shouldnt return the NIP, then another thread says you must ! Arrrggh.

Thanks for any advice
Paul (Nottingham UK)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Mon, 26 May 2008 - 09:44
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Mika
post Mon, 26 May 2008 - 10:34
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard, and the Wizard will then post its output back here to enable us to help you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carecomp
post Mon, 26 May 2008 - 14:15
Post #3

Member No.: 19,843

NIP wizard didnt add anything to my post, did it ? It recommends I return the 1st NIP, as I wasnt the driver...

+Quote Post
Pete D
post Mon, 26 May 2008 - 14:21
Post #4

Member No.: 11,456

Firstly request copies of any photo's to help identify the driver. Do not elaborate or use the words evidence or proof. Once you have them you can scan them, remove the identfying information like the reg and post them on here so we can see if there are any errors. Yes you must reply with the 28 days but you will only be replying to identify your wife as the driver and that you can do on day 25 or 26 then she will get her own NIP in her name. Failure to reply and provide the information carries 6 points and a large fine. Pete D

+Quote Post
Pete D
post Mon, 26 May 2008 - 14:22
Post #5

Member No.: 11,456

The NIP wizard not only assists you but provides us all with the same information so we can help Do the wizard all questions and post on your thread. Pete D

+Quote Post
Faraway
post Mon, 26 May 2008 - 14:24
Post #6

Member No.: 12,841

You should complete the wizard just in case and you could use the 28 days to write and ask for photos to help ID the driver. Dont use the word evidence. If its definately her then you write to them - giving all the information they require in a letter so they have to work for a living entering all her details.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 17th August 2019 - 11:39
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.