Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

TfL PCN received 48 days late
bigbeamer
post Thu, 19 Sep 2019 - 18:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105,813

Hi,

I recently recieved a Charge Certificate dated 13/09 from TfL regarding a contravention (stopping on a red route) on 02/08, where they said i didnt pay the PCN in time however i was not sent this PCN at all. I then submitted a representation online on 16/09 which i unfortunately don't have a copy of however it didnt contain any admittance to having committed the contravention, being the driver at the time of the alleged contravention or being willing to pay any sum. Surprise surprise today (19/09) i recieved the original PCN in the post for the contravention on 02/08 making the letter 48 days late, however the date of the notice on the letter still says 07/08/2019. I just wanted to ask whether or not i have a leg to stand on in terms of further representation of this PCN and possibly getting it cancelled completely due to the PCN being sent 48 days after the contravention date. Any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Advertisement
post Thu, 19 Sep 2019 - 18:59
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Thu, 19 Sep 2019 - 19:06
Post #2

Member No.: 74,048

does the charge certificate relate to this PCN? post them both.

Is the v5c (logbook) for the vehicle up to date and correct and do you hold it at your address?

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
bigbeamer
post Thu, 19 Sep 2019 - 20:43
Post #3

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Thu, 19 Sep 2019 - 20:06) *

Is the v5c (logbook) for the vehicle up to date and correct and do you hold it at your address?

Charge certificate is related to PCN yes, but came before PCN as PCN didn't arrive until today.

Yes the v5c is up to date and correct and yes i hold it at my address.

Ill post the PCN soon however i currently dont have the charge certificate as im unsure where i placed it.

+Quote Post
bigbeamer
post Fri, 20 Sep 2019 - 08:22
Post #4

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Thu, 19 Sep 2019 - 20:06) *

Here is the pcn
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Fri, 20 Sep 2019 - 11:23
Post #5

You must wait for the next statutory document this is called an order for recovery. With this you will also receive a form a that will allow you to make a witness statement to the effect that you did not receive the PCN

There is a slight ambiguity to this. The document is a legal one and if you knowingly make a false statement you open yourself up to criminal action and a big fine. I do not think however that the council sending you a copy after you inform them you did not receive it counts it must be recieved before the CC

Did you get a covering letter with the PCN?

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
bigbeamer
post Fri, 20 Sep 2019 - 12:08
Post #6

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Fri, 20 Sep 2019 - 12:23) *
You must wait for the next statutory document this is called an order for recovery. With this you will also receive a form a that will allow you to make a witness statement to the effect that you did not receive the PCN

There is a slight ambiguity to this. The document is a legal one and if you knowingly make a false statement you open yourself up to criminal action and a big fine. I do not think however that the council sending you a copy after you inform them you did not receive it counts it must be recieved before the CC

Did you get a covering letter with the PCN?

If a covering letter is the appeals letter then yes i recieved that.

Yes i recieved the PCN after the CC so really there should be no reason for me to be paying anything other than the original half price £65 fine. My main query is that is there any ground for me to stand on in terms of appealing against the PCN ALL TOGETHER given they took 48 days to send the PCN (like the 14 day rule for speeding offences)

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Fri, 20 Sep 2019 - 12:29
Post #7

I did not think it needed saying. post the letters, everything you have.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 22nd October 2019 - 15:09
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.