PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

NIP sent to previous keeper., Out of time?
Siggi
post Tue, 25 Jun 2019 - 21:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104,468

Hi guys. I think this is a pretty simple one.

Alleged offence of speeding on date XXX

NIP received by me 28 days after the above date. I returned it, telling them it was out of time.

They replied, implying only that they'd sent the NIP originally to the previous keeper three days after the date of the alleged offence, who gave them my details I assume. They then sent the NIP to me and state that as they'd sent the first within time (to the wrong person) they were under no further obligation in regard to the 14 day rule.

The date on the V5 under the Doc Ref is nine days earlier than the date of the alleged offence, so if they are telling the truth the DVLA must have mistakenly given them the previous keeper's details, despite mine being current on their system at the time of the alleged offence (as proven by the date on the V5).

Does this get me out of dodge?

TIA and kind regards. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Siggi: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 - 21:30
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Tue, 25 Jun 2019 - 21:28
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
NewJudge
post Tue, 25 Jun 2019 - 21:57
Post #2

Member No.: 23,623

The information that the police have from the DVLA database is not "live". They have downloads which may be a few days out of date. In any case, the obligation to provide the driver's details remains regardless of any problems with the NIP. Failure to do so sees the commission of a separate and (usually) more serious offence.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 25 Jun 2019 - 22:00
Post #3

Member No.: 49,223

Just to confirm - the relevant date is at the bottom of page 2 of the v5 in DD MM YY format.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Siggi
post Wed, 26 Jun 2019 - 08:21
Post #4

QUOTE (Jlc @ Tue, 25 Jun 2019 - 23:00) *
Just to confirm - the relevant date is at the bottom of page 2 of the v5 in DD MM YY format.

Ah, thankyou. That date is two days after the alleged offence. I guess they win.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 26 Jun 2019 - 09:06
Post #5

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (Siggi @ Wed, 26 Jun 2019 - 09:21) *
QUOTE (Jlc @ Tue, 25 Jun 2019 - 23:00) *

Ah, thankyou. That date is two days after the alleged offence. I guess they win.

It appears so. (That's the date the DVLA records were actually updated, not the effective date which I think you've looked at - further to that there's the DVLA to PNC copy)

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Siggi
post Wed, 26 Jun 2019 - 10:03
Post #6

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 21:43
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here