PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Where have all the old Pepipoo bruisers gone?, Threads merged
pentiumsarebest
post Sun, 16 Sep 2018 - 20:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,272

No disrespect is intended to contributers. This is a genuine puzzle for me.

It's been a while since I visited the Pepipoo forums. At least three years.

What a difference!

The advice largely on the speedings section largely seems to consist of "take the points and pay the fine." Whatever happened to the old Pepipoo bruisers who delighted in squeezing the law, suggesting when to go unsigned and challenging procedures? Are there no recent cases drivers can use?

The success list has it's last entry in 2012.

Perhaps there is another newer place the Bad Boys and Girls Club meet.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 59)
Advertisement
post Sun, 16 Sep 2018 - 20:43
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
andy_foster
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 18:54
Post #41

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

A reputation facility is not a panacea, and can be counter-productive.

The site is effectively a loose affiliation of posters, some more regular than others, some more knowledgeable than others, and some more inclined to tell posters to 'roll over' than others. Those that run the site have decided that it is not appropriate to be seen to be specifically endorsing advice given by particular posters - free advice does not come with any kind of warranty.

If, as has been suggested, there is an informal clique of sanctimonious naysayers, it would seem pretty safe to assume that they would give each other a great rep.

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 19:06
Post #42

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (seank @ Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 16:54) *
I don't believe you when you say that you don't care how people value your advice.

In the context of the tenor and changing it (or not). I do care that it’s right!

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 19:18
Post #43

Member No.: 16,066

QUOTE (seank @ Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 16:54) *
The problem is manifest for a newbie, who's in trouble, and asks for help. They are then effectively given a copy and paste answer by the mass poster .......

Frequently, once all the relevant facts of the case have become apparent, a copy & paste answer is wholly appropriate. There are very few cases on the private parking forum that don't follow a set pattern in the appeals progression.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
Tank Engine
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 01:15
Post #44

Member No.: 75,210

OP wrote:
"The advice largely on the speedings section largely seems to consist of "take the points and pay the fine." Whatever happened to the old Pepipoo bruisers who delighted in squeezing the law, suggesting when to go unsigned and challenging procedures? Are there no recent cases drivers can use?"

You're right.

The chaps in charge here now work for the dark side.

+Quote Post
Unzippy
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 06:04
Post #45

Member No.: 66,323

QUOTE (seank @ Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 15:54) *
Very fair replies, SP. They are then effectively given a copy and paste answer by the mass poster

A - it's like there are point available for the first reply, even though it shyte.

B - Blah blah blah, but I'm sure there will be someone along shortly that is more knowledgeable.

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 06:45
Post #46

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Tank Engine @ Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 02:15) *

They must be shockingly bad employers. 16 years I've been doing this, and I still haven't received a penny off them for my efforts.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post
seank
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 07:13
Post #47

Member No.: 61,183

QUOTE (Fredd @ Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 07:45) *

They must be shockingly bad employers. 16 years I've been doing this, and I still haven't received a penny off them for my efforts.

Begging the question why you do it.
It can only be because you like the satisfaction that you have helped people, just like SP and the other knowledgeable posters here.
Personally, I am grateful to the site. It helped me fight the antics of PC Cole and his LTI2020. I wouldn't easily have gained the knowledge I got. It wasn't free, as I had to join the bad boys, but cost buttons compared to engaging solicitors. Nick Freeman isn't cheap.

I think most people are very pleased with the output. Just a pity the mega-poster won't think before he types.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 09:49
Post #48

If you had a point you do it no favours by writing drivel like that.

QUOTE (seank @ Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 08:13) *
I think most people are very pleased with the output. Just a pity the mega-poster won't think before he types.

Clearly this is about one person in your view then. Have you taken it up with them or with Fredd or I?

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
seank
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 10:03
Post #49

Member No.: 61,183

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 10:49) *

If you had a point you do it no favours by writing drivel like that.

QUOTE (seank @ Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 08:13) *

Clearly this is about one person in your view then. Have you taken it up with them or with Fredd or I?

It's not for me to take it up with anyone.
You can see for yourself what the situation is and I have no recourse to see whether the number of viewers and number of site members is increasing or reducing.
People visit internet sites that are interesting and offer helpful advice if they need it. I believe the UK has had mass immigration over the past decade, so numbers using this site should be massively larger. If they aren't, the question is why.
As long as you're happy with the results, who am I to comment?

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 10:30
Post #50

QUOTE (seank @ Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 11:03) *

I’m confused. You say it’s not for you to take it up with anyone, including me, yet you’re happy to pass comment in a public thread? There’s not much I can do about the issue you clearly have unless you tell me about it - I’m not about to guess who you have in mind.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 11:35
Post #51

Member No.: 20,731

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 11:30) *
QUOTE (seank @ Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 11:03) *

I’m confused. You say it’s not for you to take it up with anyone, including me, yet you’re happy to pass comment in a public thread? There’s not much I can do about the issue you clearly have unless you tell me about it - I’m not about to guess who you have in mind.

I'd thought it was obvious who he had in mind, but I don't see the point of complaining about him (nor, for the record, do I find his innumerable comments so objectionable). It's a private forum, not a public forum, and if the moderators hereof don't see a problem, there isn't one.

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 12:03
Post #52

I must have more than one person in mind!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tank Engine
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 12:33
Post #53

I wrote this a couple of days ago but, lol, the post "mysteriously" (sic) disappeared shortly thereafter:

The last 6 (or 5 - the Q is whether I put one of them to PePiPoo at all) times I have consulted PePiPoo for advice/suggestions re police (1), private parking (3) and council (2) disgraceful extortion attempts against myself or associates:

* Each time I was told I had no chance, or almost no chance, of success (one notable PePiPooer exception)

* Several times I was roundly insulted too, and called a liar (once in as many words)

* I took the naysayers for what they are, but used the forum to guess what the worst the other side could throw at me in the dispute.

* I WON ALL THOSE SIX "cases". Every single one. Including against the person occasionally described here as the very worst of the adjudicators.

I'd have thought the above was food for thought.... and I know many of the oldtimer bruisers, with whom I maintain off-forum contact, think roughly the same.

How it's come about, dunno.

+Quote Post
big_mac
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 13:06
Post #54

Member No.: 32,760

QUOTE (Tank Engine @ Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 13:33) *
I wrote this a couple of days ago but, lol, the post "mysteriously" (sic) disappeared shortly thereafter:

That is remarkably similar to post 34 of this thread ... perhaps it has "mysteriously" reappeared?

+Quote Post
Tank Engine
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 13:38
Post #55

QUOTE (big_mac @ Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 13:06) *
That is remarkably similar to post 34 of this thread ... perhaps it has "mysteriously" reappeared?

Yep. The shape-shifters shifted it.

My point remains valid and the dancing around it only underlines others are in denial. Levity aside, there has been a marked shift in attitudes here over the last 10 years of frog-boiling.

Space below for The Rookie, Old Sarge, Swoop etc to do what they usually do... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 14:17
Post #56

Webmaster
Group Icon

It's hardly mysterious - your thread was just merged with this one, because it was covering the same ground. But then why let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy rant?

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

+Quote Post
Tank Engine
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 17:55
Post #57

QUOTE (Fredd @ Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 14:17) *
It's hardly mysterious - your thread was just merged with this one, because it was covering the same ground. But then why let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy rant?

Jeebus. This isn't the sharp, if paranoid, Fredd I once kind of knew

Don't you think it is obvious to any reader who isn't one of your servile obsequious stooges that you duck the point - that this has become a "Give In" forum, not a fight-back one - and pursue such distractions and trivia?

Carry on, if you must...

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 19:40
Post #58

Webmaster
Group Icon

You're the one who made the claim - I just pointed out that it's false. If you don't want me to refute your paranoid claims, then don't make them. Simples.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 19:47
Post #59

Member No.: 38,559

QUOTE (Tank Engine @ Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 18:55) *
………... - that this has become a "Give In" forum, not a fight-back one - and pursue such distractions and trivia?

Carry on, if you must...

I must be a servile stooge, simply because I don't see that either the council or the PPC forums advocate giving in very often.
Dislike the speeding side if you will but sometimes the best service that can be given is to layout the options and repercussions of fighting back.
I am with SP regarding one thing that any regular poster should be aware of, it is not our money, licence or points at risk.
Poor advice can put someone else's at risk, even cast iron defences can be lost should the OP fail to understand a point or treat it like a silver bullet.

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 21:20
Post #60

Member No.: 20,731

The last 6 (or 5 - the Q is whether I put one of them to PePiPoo at all) times I have consulted PePiPoo for advice/suggestions re police (1), private parking (3) and council (2) disgraceful extortion attempts against myself or associates:

* Each time I was told I had no chance, or almost no chance, of success (one notable PePiPooer exception)

* Several times I was roundly insulted too, and called a liar (once in as many words)

* I took the naysayers for what they are, but used the forum to guess what the worst the other side could throw at me in the dispute.

* I WON ALL THOSE SIX "cases". Every single one. Including against the person occasionally described here as the very worst of the adjudicators.

I'd have thought the above was food for thought.... and I know many of the oldtimer bruisers, with whom I maintain off-forum contact, think roughly the same.

How it's come about, dunno.

Prior to this thread you had fewer than 20 posts on this forum since joining in 2015. When, exactly, was all of this butt hurt supposed to have happened?

There is no conspiracy to rip the beating heart out of justice for the beleaguered UK motorist. The law has changed, the police have changed and the courts have changed: It's different now. But if you don't agree, feel free to (actually) participate in this forum and show us all how you've achieved your amazing successes. Why haven't you?

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 15:04
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here