PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PARKING CHARGE NOTICE, Pulled into space to load vehicle in an area unkown to me
Neveragin21
post Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 19:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,144

Attached Image
Can anybody please advise as to whether I should pay this Parking Charge Notice.

Received the notice a few days after event in the post. On 7th November I pulled into a parking space in an area unknown to me in order to load my vehicle with a machine I had purchased from a colleague. My colleague pulled along side me in her car. I opened the my car doors, transferred items in my boot to the back seats of the car and lifted machine into the boot of my car. All of this took no more than 5 minutes. Once my car was loaded I left the area. I dint look for parking signs but there are some about as I have looked on Google Maps since. I didnt think at all if Im honest. I was in an unknown area (233 Hish Street, Uxbridge, UB8 1LD). I pulled over where indicated to by my colleague, jumped out of my car, loaded it and left.

Do I have a leg to stand on? I was loading my car. You can see the doors are all open rolleyes.gif

Running out of time in which to appeal so quick help would be much appreciated.

This post has been edited by Neveragin21: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 20:17
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 19:18
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 19:23
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Who issued the charge? Seems to be local authority parking rather than private?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 19:33
Post #3

Member No.: 32,130

You can Google that address and the word 'parking' to soon learn about that notorious location.

Of course you have legs to stand on - but do they? Nope.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...108556&st=0

Can anybody please advise as to whether I should pay this Parking Charge Notice.
Of course not, but nor can you appeal in any worthwhile way.

Running out of time in which to appeal

So what, don't bother. With any IPC firm, there is NO appeal worth trying. Save your breath, as long as you are the registered keeper, and you can then ignore the demands (but not a LBCCC or claim, which is certainly defendable and we do these all the time, and posters win them).

Relax. NO APPEAL, unless you just wanted to send a template as keeper of the vehicle saying the alleged debt and alleged contract is denied and the driver will not be identified.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 19:47
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (SchoolRunMum @ Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 19:33) *
You can Google that address and the word 'parking' to soon learn about that notorious location.

I thought I recognised it...

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Neveragin21
post Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 20:03
Post #5

QUOTE (Jlc @ Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 19:47) *
QUOTE (SchoolRunMum @ Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 19:33) *

I thought I recognised it...

SO should I totally ignore it or write and say I was loading not parking? Have just uploaded the photo they have taking where you can clearly see that my car doors are open. I didnt leave my vehicle.

This post has been edited by Neveragin21: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 20:18

+Quote Post
Neveragin21
post Sat, 18 Nov 2017 - 00:08
Post #6

So now Ive managed to upload the photo, is the general consensus I should ignore it all together or should I write stating I was not parking, I was loading?

+Quote Post
Neveragin21
post Sat, 18 Nov 2017 - 12:58
Post #7

As Ive added the photo of the charge, please can anyone advise if I should just ignore Notice or write stating I was loading? My worry with this is that the signs do actually say no stopping (i have managed to read them on another persons thread - same area but different reasons for charge).

Any advice much appreciated.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 20 Nov 2017 - 03:37
Post #8

Member No.: 15,642

Post 3 was entirely unequivocal
No appeal.
Ignore anything bar a lba or court claim form.

+Quote Post
Neveragin21
post Sun, 26 Nov 2017 - 13:53
Post #9

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Wrote a letter (rightly or wrongly). Argued hadnt left the vechicle merely put something in the boot and left. Attached show's there reply stating I had parked in an area where it is unauthorised to do so.

They are still telling me I have to pay a £60 within 14 days or £100 if I appeal and its rejected. Hope you can see this in the attachments.

Should I now ignore and wait for it to go court pay the £60? All answers and advice much appreciated.

May thanks in advance for reading and answering.

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Sun, 26 Nov 2017 - 14:50
Post #10

Member No.: 16,066

You were told to ignore......and then ignored the advice. Will the advice do any good?

--------------------
Cabbyman 9 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
Neveragin21
post Sun, 26 Nov 2017 - 15:46
Post #11

I didnt ignore the advice, some of the advice said to do a template letter. I couldnt actually find a "template letter" that exactly matched what I thought my circumstances were. I apologise for that and yes, additional advice now would do lots of good. If the new advice is to ignore notice, that is what I will do. If Its to appeal then I would benefit from knowing the exact wording I should use. Im not a very articulate person when it comes to putting things in writing or knowledgeable on where to find template letters.

Many thanks for replying thus far though.

+Quote Post
emanresu
post Sun, 26 Nov 2017 - 17:14
Post #12

Member No.: 13,324

I apologise for that

No need as there are many ways round the issue. Templates are fine if they get you to the next stage as it will always come down to the facts of the event at this stage. With PD they always reject so why waste time crafting something that will be rejected. It's almost as if they don't read the appeal and just reject them automatically. wink.gif

Post 3 was entirely unequivocal
No appeal.
Ignore anything bar a lba or court claim form

By the way, you ignore everything apart from a letter from the court or a letter before claim as Nos says. If they do send one, come back then but they don't appear to want to go to court which could be they don't have a case or alternatively they know how p*** poor Gladstones are

This post has been edited by emanresu: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 - 17:17

--------------------
Where there is a claim - there is a counterclaim.
Are Parking companies misusing your personal data or interfering with your lease? Counterclaims are only £25. Makes them sit up and take notice. For leaseholds, join in the Managing agents too. Since the purpose of these claims is to frighten you, give them something to be frightened of.
Subject Access Requests to the DVLA?Find out who accessed your data and when. Try SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gsi.gov.uk. [Apologies if it does not work]
Double Dip / ANPR FaultsThe BPA Report on ANPR Double Dips is here. Ideal case for a counterclaim (see above).
Daily Court List. See who is doing what and where here
Printing and posting Witness Statements. Easy and cheap way DoxDirect
What is court like. A District Judge's view

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Sun, 26 Nov 2017 - 17:50
Post #13

Member No.: 32,130

When you sent that ill-advised 'appeal' did you also blow your toes off admitting who was driving?

That was one reason why NOT to respond.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Sun, 26 Nov 2017 - 18:58
Post #14

You were told to do no appeal OR send a template letter as keeper.
If you couldn’t find one you come back and ask. Sending something then asking for advice isn’t wxactly a sensible way round.

A template is a template. It isn’t tailored to fit your exact circumstances because ...then it wouldn’t be a template.

+Quote Post
Neveragin21
post Mon, 27 Nov 2017 - 14:18
Post #15

OK, Iv done the wrong thing, I understand that now but I cant change it. I apologise.

Could someone please tell me If I should now totally ignore until/unless I get court papers all write letter or pay the £60.

What is my legal obligation to pay this notice?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

+Quote Post
kommando
post Mon, 27 Nov 2017 - 14:45
Post #16

Member No.: 57,558

Its a speculative invoice from a known honeytrap, you go into ignore mode and come back if you get an LBC/LBA (Letter before claim or action) or a claim form from Northampton.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 28 Nov 2017 - 07:27
Post #17

Like any other normal Invoice, you only have an obligation to pay IF a court states you do.

+Quote Post
Neveragin21
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 16:23
Post #18

I have ignored, as advised the second invoice and have now received a letter from a Debt Collection, Investigation & Enforcement Service called Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. The Parking Charge is now £160 to be settled by the 22/01/2018. The letter states that if I do not settle by this date, they will recommend their client (Park Direct) take court action against me. Given the advice on here far is to "anything bar a lba or court claim form" i am ignoring this letter/invoice. Please could some-one confirm I am correct in doing this? Am very worried.

Many thanks in advance

+Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 16:26
Post #19

Member No.: 60,457

DRP = Ignore (but file) If they recommend court action then they (DRP) will get nothing so it's an idle threat.

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Fri, 12 Jan 2018 - 18:05
Post #20

Member No.: 20,731

There's no need to worry. They can actually send you letters for up to six years, but probably won't. Their letters will use more and more red ink, and they will try to add more costs as they bat the claim between PPC, debt collector, dodgy "law firm" and back a few times. But then they will also try dropping the claimed amount to try to tempt you to pay a "discounted" fee. It's a game they like to play that can go on for some time. The usual advice is to ignore such correspondence, but file everything. If the PPC decides to try their hand in court (unlikely on this one) you will be sent a "letter before claim", which is usually identified as such, and then a claim form from the Northampton Court Money Claim Online processing centre. There is literally (literally) nothing else for you to do unless and until you get and LBC or a Claim Form. If you do, come back here for advice on how to defend an actual PPC court claim.

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 18th August 2018 - 06:12
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.