PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN in Suspended Bay Unclearly Marked, PCN in Suspended Bay Unclearly Marked
limegreen8332
post Thu, 17 Oct 2019 - 13:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,223

Hi Today i found a PCN which was placed on my car on Tuesday. I have a permit in this area so the council have all my details should then have attempted to contact me. The sign said 3 car spaces but i did not even see the sign when i parked my car in the dark on Sunday night, should there not be cones or a notice at each end of the 3 car spaces? I want to know if i have grounds for disputing as the sign doesnt even look very official, just paper (not ideal in the rain!) and not where i was parked you can see on the photo it was quite some distance and that was the only sign! If i had have seen it it says 1-5 and the white door when i am is 5 so i am at the very end of the suspension
I also beleive the sign should state what the suspension is for and the exact times which this also doesnt. This was also at 7:40am, what if i had intended to move my car at 8/8:30am for work and my car had not been there because they did not state the times of the bay being suspended even if i had seen the notice (my boyfriend said it was not there in the mornign and he thought i must have driven to work). This is Wandsworth council by the way. I also believe they should have informed residents sooner seeing as i pay for a permit and park on this road every day!!

Do i have any grounds or do i have to pay the £55

Thanks
Laura

This post has been edited by limegreen8332: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 - 14:00
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Thu, 17 Oct 2019 - 13:55
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ia278
post Thu, 17 Oct 2019 - 20:26
Post #2

Member No.: 106,214

Don't know if this helps, but attaching the sign application that Wandsworth Council submitted to the Department for Transport. Apparently every council has a different design, and they all have to be approved.

Wandsworth Council Approved Parking Sign Authorisation: http://assets.dft.gov.uk/trafficauths/case-1872.pdf
List of approved parking suspension signs: http://www.dft.gov.uk/traffic-auths/index....king+suspension

I'll let the others on here work their magic - I'm disputing mine as well! smile.gif

Good luck!

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 18 Oct 2019 - 17:39
Post #3

Member No.: 42,618

Post up all the council photos, use an external site like imgur.com to host them. We must also see the suspension sign in full, so if it's not clearly readable in the CEO photos, take your own photo which must be in focus and include the entirety of the sign (the picture of the sign that you've posted is cropped).

This post has been edited by cp8759: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 - 17:40

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 17th November 2019 - 15:52
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.