PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN Over Free Time
naked baby
post Sat, 13 Oct 2012 - 01:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 57,653

huh.gif Hello, newbie here. I have received a parking charge notice from Town and City Parking showing photos of my vehicle arriving and leaving an ASDA car park citing the contravention Over Free Time.
The date cited is 27/09/2012 A parking charge of £70 is reduced to £40 if paid by by a specified date.
Is this a fair cop, or can I avoid payment cos I could find something better to do with the cash ?
The interesting thing is that I was looking to PAY huh.gif
    online when this website was offered. Are you going to make a rebel of me ?

This post has been edited by naked baby: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 - 01:38
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
    Replies (1 - 3)
    Advertisement
    post Sat, 13 Oct 2012 - 01:37
    Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
    ItchyCrakus
    post Sat, 13 Oct 2012 - 04:36
    Post #2

Member No.: 54,557

Yes we are!!

It would be interesting to see the letter as its so close to October 1st. So if its not in the typical list of TCP toilet paper, scrub your details and any reference numbers and post it up here.

You do not have to pay TCP anything. I assume you visited the asda store on the date/time in question as we dont condone using Asda as some type of in town free parking lot.

They have a right to be paid for the service they provide even if it is a refundable charge. TCP on the other hand have no right to ask you for money at all.

I could find something better than you to spend your money on so my address is......................

DO NOT PAY
    DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THEM AT ALL

Come back when you get the complete letter chain and we can play snap.

Look for the chain letters from TCP (and if the lazy mod has got off his ar$e (Thanks Andy)) they will be in the FAQ's above. If not look on MSE. I suspect yours is there.

Now Andy, is it Jack Lemmon or Walter Matthau?

This post has been edited by ItchyCrakus: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 - 04:52

--------------------

accusare nemo se debet, nisi coram Deo

+Quote Post
    Jlc
    post Sat, 13 Oct 2012 - 06:55
    Post #3

Member No.: 49,223

Also, read here:

When dealing with "tickets" from private parking companies (PPCs) . the simplest advice is to ignore them. For more information about this recommendation and private parking companies, and other actions you might wish to consider, click this link.

The freedoms act was introduced 1st October so yours is before this - defo ignore!

--------------------
    RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
    PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
    PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
    SchoolRunMum
    post Sat, 13 Oct 2012 - 13:19
    Post #4

Member No.: 32,130

It's not what I would call rebelling, not paying a fake PCN. No-one pays on this forum, and there are thousands of cases each year! What on earth would make anyone think that Asda have Police or Local Authoriuty powers to actually fine people? Course they don't, it's all scaremongering by a third party Private Parking Company (PPC)!

So, like all the other posters on this board, you have a fake PCN. Ignore it.

Tick off the threatening letters here.

Watchdog clip with expert Solicitor's opinion here.

Barrister's opinion here.

HTH, easy to ignore, I have done so twice and most regulars here have collected far more of this rubbish than me. Be ready to play 'snap' with the junk mail, against that first link.

This post has been edited by SchoolRunMum: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 - 13:20

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 00:06
    Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
    Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
    IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
    You can try to refresh the page by clicking here