PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

CCTV for parking enforcement
marklondon
post Wed, 24 Jan 2018 - 13:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94,483

Sorry if it's a silly question but I tried a forum search and couldn't find the answer.
This comment by Dastardly Dick intrigued me... " Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't use of CCTV for parking enforcement (except on Red Routes) banned a few years ago? "

Is this true? I got caught a few years ago in London for a parking contravention by cctv and have been nervous about even pulling over to answer the phone or check directions ever since.

Thanks
Mark

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
bama
post Tue, 30 Jan 2018 - 19:48
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,323

+1

and welcome to the forum - good to see that level of in depth knowledge

be aware that the normal M.O. on pepipoo is to see if a poster's info/assistance 'holds up'.
aka "the many eyes of pepipoo"
As financial penalties (and sometimes criminal ones) are at stake 'test by fire' is the best way to avoid someone being landed in it when their case gets to tribunal (or court).
Its nothing personal, just a method of reassurance for the posters facing penalties.

This post has been edited by bama: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 - 20:05

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 09:29
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here