PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PNC - Parked in restricted Street during prescribed hours, partly parked on pavement
chester45
post Tue, 14 Nov 2017 - 17:21
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,546

]I have received a PNC described as "Parked in restricted Street during prescribed hours"

I was parked outside a shop arranging to get some keys cut, there is parking outside the shop and there was a car already there
I parked behind it but to the right so that the car could get out without moving my car

I was parked about 9" possible a foot on the pavement and there were some very badly marked double Yellows on the road

I was out in a flash but the guy had already ticketed the car

I explained the only reason I was parked like that was to let the other car out but he was an enforcement officer and didn't want to know

I explained also that I was not blocking the pavement and a old lady with a trolley walked passed as we talked

He didn't wish to remove the ticket

do I have any case as I've never heard of Parked in restricted Street during prescribed hours

cheers

Attached Image

Attached File  PNC___Beeston_v3.pdf ( 637.99K ) Number of downloads: 24

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Tue, 14 Nov 2017 - 17:21
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Incandescent
post Tue, 14 Nov 2017 - 18:19
Post #2

Member No.: 54,455

Here is the location: -

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.9297471,-...33;8i6656?hl=en

So, essentially, the CEO was obviously seeing how he could make up his daily quota of PCNs to be issued and saw you partly on the pavement section; bingo ! As the double-yellows cover the whole road, footway as well as carriageway, he is correct, but a bit pedantic. Whether you'd get off this one on de minimis (trivial offence) grounds I am not so sure. GSV shows cars parked on what seems to be a well-used parking area, and Mr Foggs' shop for the keys

+Quote Post
chester45
post Tue, 14 Nov 2017 - 22:50
Post #3

so the problem is, if I'm parked on the pavement at all and there are Yellow lines (even if badly marked)

I'm toast as my boys say

This post has been edited by chester45: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 - 23:26
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Tue, 14 Nov 2017 - 23:44
Post #4

Member No.: 54,455

QUOTE (chester45 @ Tue, 14 Nov 2017 - 22:50) *
so the problem is, if I'm parked on the pavement at all and there are Yellow lines (even if badly marked)

I'm toast as my boys say

Basically yes. If you want to argue it, you'll have to stand your ground and be prepared to take them all the way to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal. You have to forego the discount if you do, though. My view is it's 50/50 in betting terms.

+Quote Post
chester45
post Wed, 15 Nov 2017 - 09:17
Post #5

thanks Incandescent

I would love the contest but the odds, the time and effort are not worth it

better spending it with the boys and family

and learn from my mistake

cheers K

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 24th May 2018 - 07:45
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.