PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Work car park ticket (Scotland)
GGLS
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 15:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,987

Got a parking ticket today at ym works business park for not displaying parking permit (don't have one to display). Issued by UKPC, apparently the office park can't do anything about it and I need to go to UKPC directly, but obviously don't want to give them my details as I have no intention of paying a penny.. What's the best option here? Formally appealing or just ignoring?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
Advertisement
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 15:06
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
bearclaw
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 15:26
Post #2

Member No.: 95,103

Are you resident in Scotland or was the car park in Scotland? Post up the ticket with the identifying numebrs and names etc redacted out

+Quote Post
ManxRed
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 15:45
Post #3

Member No.: 21,992

Is it a company car, or is it yours?

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
GGLS
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 15:56
Post #4

Doesn't seem to be wanting to upload on mobile, will try uploading on pc shortly. Its registered to me, not a company car or lease or anything like that

+Quote Post
kommando
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 16:36
Post #5

Member No.: 57,558

Don't bother with the ticket, it only has the potential to identify you and for Scotland the less we know the better.

If you are resident in Scotland and the car is registered to you then ignore all but a letter before action LBA or a Claim form.

There is no concept of keeper liability in Scotland, as long as you are resident in Scotland and do not identify the driver there is nothing they can do except send scary toilet paper.

+Quote Post
GGLS
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 16:39
Post #6

QUOTE (kommando @ Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 17:36) *
Don't bother with the ticket, it only has the potential to identify you and for Scotland the less we know the better.

If you are resident in Scotland and the car is registered to you then ignore all but a letter before action LBA or a Claim form.

There is no concept of keeper liability in Scotland, as long as you are resident in Scotland and do not identify the driver there is nothing they can do except send scary toilet paper.

Can't it affect credit rating though?

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 16:44
Post #7

Member No.: 16,066

No. Your credit rating is only affected IF they take you to court AND they win AND you fail to settle in accordance with the court order, normally about 30 days (in E&W).

Keep your head down and say and do absolutely NOTHING. IF you receive court papers, come back here for further advice.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
Eljayjay
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 16:47
Post #8

Member No.: 91,235

Your credit rating can only be affected if you the parking operator takes you to Court, you lose at Court and then you fail to pay within the allotted time.

What you have been told is that the parking operator cannot take action against a person in Scotland unless they know that person to be the driver.

So, how is your credit rating going to be affected?

+Quote Post
GGLS
post Sat, 22 Sep 2018 - 08:56
Post #9

Appreciate all the responses, put my mind at ease. Will just ignore letters. Thanks all.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sat, 22 Sep 2018 - 09:19
Post #10

Member No.: 317

Ignore, but FILE AND KEEP for 6 years.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
bobthesod
post Sat, 22 Sep 2018 - 09:28
Post #11

Member No.: 93,755

Kommando said

Has the law changed now?

I thought that they couldnt chase the keeper irrespective of where he lived n the UK. If so that is really going to spoil my holiday by over parking all over Scotland

+Quote Post
s360
post Sat, 22 Sep 2018 - 09:46
Post #12

Member No.: 60,453

Pofa (protection of freedoms act) introduced in 2012 allows the keeper to be held liable provided the strict criteria are met. This only applies in England and Wales. In Scotland no keeper liability exists they can still only persue the driver.

+Quote Post
kommando
post Sat, 22 Sep 2018 - 11:24
Post #13

Has the law changed now?

I thought that they couldn't chase the keeper irrespective of where he lived n the UK. If so that is really going to spoil my holiday by over parking all over Scotland

No it hasn't changed, I was answering the OP who was likely to be a Scottish resident.

+Quote Post
BillG
post Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 00:06
Post #14

Member No.: 47,328

I live in Scotland and I've had three PCN's from different extortion companies here over the years and did exactly what the experts have recommended, did nothing, ignored the threats of crap on toilet paper and it hasn't cost me a bean.

This post has been edited by BillG: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 00:24

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 03:53
Post #15

QUOTE (kommando @ Sat, 22 Sep 2018 - 12:24) *
Has the law changed now?

I thought that they couldn't chase the keeper irrespective of where he lived n the UK. If so that is really going to spoil my holiday by over parking all over Scotland

No it hasn't changed, I was answering the OP who was likely to be a Scottish resident.

As the incident was on Scottish soil (from the title) PoFA doesn't apply, it matters not where he lives, living in England would not mean they could apply PoFA.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
kommando
post Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 10:31
Post #16

As the incident was on Scottish soil (from the title) PoFA doesn't apply, it matters not where he lives, living in England would not mean they could apply PoFA.

That is correct but these is a subtle difference.

A E&W resident does not have the protection of a claim being automatically thrown out by Northampton during the raising process as their address is not in Scotland/NI, so they would then need to dispute Jurisdiction when acknowledging the claim. Based on the lack of these coming to the forum its currently a non issue but you are relying on the PPC's recognising the event was in Scotland/NI. If they don't there is more work involved to kill it than for a Scottish/NI resident.

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 11:08
Post #17

Member No.: 96,238

Is the time limit five years for a parking ticket in Scotland ?

There's a fee to contest jurisdiction
Does the PPC have to pay it if the contest succeeds ?

+Quote Post
kommando
post Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 11:23
Post #18

The 6 years in E&W allowed to rise a claim by claimant is reduced to 5 years in Scotland.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 25 Sep 2018 - 03:36
Post #19

QUOTE (kommando @ Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 11:31) *

That is correct but these is a subtle difference.

A E&W resident does not have the protection of a claim being automatically thrown out by Northampton during the raising process as their address is not in Scotland/NI, so they would then need to dispute Jurisdiction when acknowledging the claim.

Why/How would they dispute jurisdiction? AIUI it an English company can sue an English (alleged) debtor for a debt in England even if the consideration (parking) was in Scotland, just like if it was for buying a car in Scotland and so on.

The claim is on a person, the claimant couldn't use PoFA but could still make a claim based on other details (e.g. they have driver ID)

--------------------

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 11:45
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here