PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

V5C Keepers liability
RD400E
post Tue, 3 Dec 2013 - 11:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,023

This isn't a particularly odd situation and probably happens a lot.

My daughter recently bought a new (second hand) car. The seller gave her the complete V5C. My daughter not realising his mistake took the document and returned home.
She visited me last night for advice and it seems the seller had never registered the car in his own name, instead his details were filled in in section 10. the new keepers details!

The RK is a motor trader and the doc ref date is 12/09/13
The seller completed the new keepers section on 09/11/13
My daughter purchased the car on 24/11/13

The final oddity is that there is a post office stamp (not a postage stamp) in black that has been printed on the new keepers section dated 11/11/13, the post office is in the same location as the seller.

I've enclosed a letter with the V5C to the DVLA explaining why the RK hasn't signed the declaration. We are keeping page 2 of the V5C until the new one arrives as this bears the PO stamp and the relevant keeper info and dates.

Now my concern is that if there were any possibility of another V5 knocking around could this come back to bite her? She hasn't acted fraudulently in any way but a motor trader selling a vehicle and not dealing with the V5 is peculiar, and the additional info above has got me wondering!

TIA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Tue, 3 Dec 2013 - 11:29
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
jobo
post Tue, 3 Dec 2013 - 15:34
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,521

QUOTE (RD400E @ Tue, 3 Dec 2013 - 11:29) *
This isn't a particularly odd situation and probably happens a lot.

My daughter recently bought a new (second hand) car. The seller gave her the complete V5C. My daughter not realising his mistake took the document and returned home.
She visited me last night for advice and it seems the seller had never registered the car in his own name, instead his details were filled in in section 10. the new keepers details!

The RK is a motor trader and the doc ref date is 12/09/13
The seller completed the new keepers section on 09/11/13
My daughter purchased the car on 24/11/13

The final oddity is that there is a post office stamp (not a postage stamp) in black that has been printed on the new keepers section dated 11/11/13, the post office is in the same location as the seller.

I've enclosed a letter with the V5C to the DVLA explaining why the RK hasn't signed the declaration. We are keeping page 2 of the V5C until the new one arrives as this bears the PO stamp and the relevant keeper info and dates.

Now my concern is that if there were any possibility of another V5 knocking around could this come back to bite her? She hasn't acted fraudulently in any way but a motor trader selling a vehicle and not dealing with the V5 is peculiar, and the additional info above has got me wondering!

TIA

not that clkear cut, the trader could have sent it off, but the purchaser didnt, so it will be sort of registered to him

its common to fill the back in to tax it before sending it off, hence the stamp, he has demands for money on their way, but i dont see how it can effect you ?

--------------------
jobo

anyone but Murray, Wish granted for another year,

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 20:47
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here