PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Gladstones directions questionnaire
peanutspark
post Mon, 22 Apr 2019 - 16:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103,276

I sent my defence to Northampton CC with nothing written in it as directed and sadly they responded within the time frame with a directions questionnaire. Can I have some advice how to proceed. I have done a search and not found anything relevant-pedhapsmim looking in the wrong place?
I have also attached a photo of the covering letter.
Really appreciate any help. Many thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Mon, 22 Apr 2019 - 16:09
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Mon, 22 Apr 2019 - 17:08
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

Who told you to send in a defence with nothing on it? It is advised not to complete the defence when you acknowledge the claim. just acknowledge the claim which gives you 33 days form the date of issue to get the defence to the court.

Looks like the case is continuing without a defence from you. When was the claim issued?

+Quote Post
peanutspark
post Tue, 23 Apr 2019 - 09:26
Post #3

Perhaps I have worded this wrongly. I replied saying I was going to defend but added nothing further as advised on another forum. This bought me extra time to prepare my defence and in the meantime they have sent this questionnaire. How should I fill this out?
Thank you
For some reason I have tried to attach photo and it is not uploading despite being well below required size

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Tue, 23 Apr 2019 - 10:18
Post #4

Member No.: 96,238

I can't understand what "I replied saying I was going to defend" means

The court papers gave you two options

1 Return the acknowledgement of service within 14 days, giving you an extra 14 days to submit the defence
2 Send a defence within 14 days

It sounds as if the court treated your "I'll send the defence later" as your actual defence and sent it to Gladstones

I can only see two options here

If more than 33 days have passed since the date of the claim, pay it
It's too late to submit the defence and you have no chance in court

If less than 33 days, send a defence immediately, copy to Gladstones, and tell the court that it's mistaken your acknowledgement of service for your defence
The court may refuse leaving you with the cost and expense of applying for a set-aside order later

+Quote Post
peanutspark
post Thu, 25 Apr 2019 - 18:19
Post #5

I have been away on holiday and have now been sent Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track
Am I meant to be filling this in AND the directions questionnaire.

In answer to the above I did option one and returned the acknowledgment of service and in the meantime the above two letters have been sent
Apologies for coming across as thick but this is something I have never dealt with not really understand the process of. I greatly appreciate all help.
Thank you

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 18:23
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here