Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

NCP Parking Charge Notice but paid and have ticket still
DonnyDriver
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 18:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,764

Hello all,

I am looking for some advice please. Today in the post I received a "Parking Charge Notice to Keeper" from NCP due to being "Parked without payment".

However, I did pay using their machine on the day/time in question and I still have my ticket receipt as proof.

Should I appeal straight away via NCP's appeal process or will doing that be some admission of my wrongdoing (even though I haven't).

You advice is very welcome.

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 18:03
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 18:21
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Did you enter your registration mark correctly?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
DonnyDriver
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 18:36
Post #3

Sorry, I now realise I didn't provide enough information...

I entered my correct registration number into the machine and paid for my parking. I was issued with a ticket receipt that says I paid £4.50 at 19:25 on 21st March. I still have that ticket luckily.

The PCN I've received shows a photo of my car entering the car park at 17:22 and leaving at 19:05. The expiry time on my ticket receipt says 19:25.
My reg on the ticket receipt matches the reg on the PCN.

Can't understand why I've received it at all...

They now want £100 within 28 days or £60 if I pay in 14 days - that aint gonna happen

This post has been edited by DonnyDriver: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 18:39

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 18:43
Post #4

Interesting... They may have possibly accessed your personal information without reasonable cause.

Anyway, 'appeal' as the keeper (No mention of the driver) with a copy of the ticket. It might be worth throwing in the Data Protection bit if it's clear cut...

This post has been edited by Jlc: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 18:48

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
DonnyDriver
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 18:47
Post #5

QUOTE (Jlc @ Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 19:43) *
Interesting... They may have possible accessed your personal information without reasonable cause.

Anyway, 'appeal' as the keeper (No mention of the driver) with a copy of the ticket. It might be worth throwing in the Data Protection bit if it's clear cut...

Thanks very much. Really? The swines! biggrin.gif

I've read posts elsewhere on the net about making an "informal appeal" first. Is it worth it in this instance or is it so clear-cut that they NCP couldn't possibly reject my appeal?

This post has been edited by DonnyDriver: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 18:47

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 18:50
Post #6

QUOTE (DonnyDriver @ Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 19:47) *
Is it worth it in this instance or is it so clear-cut that they NCP couldn't possibly reject my appeal?

It appears they have no case if it's as you say...

Informal appeal? You have to 'appeal' (note quotes as private parking appeals are a joke) to the operator first before POPLA.

Does the NtK refer to the Protection of Freedoms Act (or keeper liability)?

--------------------

+Quote Post
DonnyDriver
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 19:03
Post #7

The Parking Charge Notice to Keeper says ...

"Please note that we have obtained the name and address of the registered keeper of the vehicle from the DVLA for the purposes of enforcing this unpaid charge. Such information has been provided in accordance with the Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002. If you consider that such information has been used or obtained inappropriately you may complain to the DVLA (www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla) or the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk)."

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 19:18
Post #8

Member No.: 96,238

Does he receipt exactly match your registration including O v 0 ?

+Quote Post
DonnyDriver
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 19:27
Post #9

QUOTE (Redivi @ Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 20:18) *
Does he receipt exactly match your registration including O v 0 ?

Yes, an EXACT match - no 0 v O or anything like that

If I appeal on the NCP website they are wanting to know my full name and address, reg number, PCN number and reason for appeal

This post has been edited by DonnyDriver: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 19:29

+Quote Post
ostell
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 20:34
Post #10

Member No.: 60,457

They already know those items, hence the NTK. You can always appeal by mail and enclose a copy of the ticket (first class and free certificate of posting) . And include a claim for breach of GDPR by applying for your details without reasonable cause, say £500.

+Quote Post
DonnyDriver
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 21:02
Post #11

Thanks. I think I'll appeal using the NCP website and take my GDPR case to the Information Commisioner.

Quick question though... on the NCP appeal website the first question it asks me is:
Q) I was the ________ when the contravention occured

Possible answers are:-
a) Vehicle's Driver
b) Vehicle's Keeper
c) Vehicle's Hirer

Should just answer I was the keeper ??

This post has been edited by DonnyDriver: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 21:51

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 21:43
Post #12

Yes, appeal as keeper. Edit your post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DonnyDriver
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 21:52
Post #13

QUOTE (Jlc @ Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 22:43) *
Yes, appeal as keeper. Edit your post.

Cheers again. Done.

+Quote Post
DonnyDriver
post Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 22:19
Post #14

Appeal has gone in and I've attached photographic evidence of my ticket that shows I paid.

See what happens now..... could they actually 'try it on' and reject ????

This post has been edited by DonnyDriver: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 - 22:20

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 12 Apr 2019 - 06:30
Post #15

You think they actually read appeals?

--------------------

+Quote Post
DonnyDriver
post Fri, 12 Apr 2019 - 07:15
Post #16

QUOTE (Jlc @ Fri, 12 Apr 2019 - 07:30) *

Oh dear, really? Is this going to be a long, drawn-out process then?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 12 Apr 2019 - 07:31
Post #17

QUOTE (DonnyDriver @ Fri, 12 Apr 2019 - 08:15) *
QUOTE (Jlc @ Fri, 12 Apr 2019 - 07:30) *

Oh dear, really? Is this going to be a long, drawn-out process then?

Well fingers crossed - but there's no money in accepting appeals.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DonnyDriver
post Fri, 12 Apr 2019 - 08:48
Post #18

For info: I've been in touch with the ICO. They say that the DVLA have acted correctly.

It is NCP who have not processed my data accurately in the first place. Therefore, the only action I can take against NCP is to request that they correct the information held about me.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 12 Apr 2019 - 08:55
Post #19

Yeah, the DVLA are teflon... The parking company should only request details if they have reasonable cause...

--------------------

+Quote Post
DonnyDriver
post Tue, 23 Apr 2019 - 12:34
Post #20

Just noticed by reading some other threads that the parking company should issue their Parking Charge Notice to Keeper within 14 days of the incident. Is this correct?

If so, then NCP didn't send this PCN until 19 days after the incident mentioned above.

Now 12 days since appeal went in to NCP. They are meant to respond within 14.......

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 08:19
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here