Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

LIDL Walthamstow - Athena PCN CANCELLED
525-joe
post Thu, 9 Aug 2018 - 09:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 89,448

Hi all,

It's only right I contribute to the forum as well as just ask for help. This time I didn't actually need to ask for help as the threads I found on Athena/Lidl were very helpful! Although I haven't received an official cancellation yet I thought I'll share this.

RK received a PCN for overstay in a free Lidl carpark (1hr30 mins free stay - the driver was accused parking for 1hr44min)

Appealed to Athena in any case but main action was to email LIDL CEO whose email address is Christian.haertnagel *at* lidl.co.uk

Email contents:

I am writing to complain about the use of threatening letters issued by the company that you use to manage the car park at your Lidl Walthamstow store. (Athena ANPR Ltd.)

On XX July 20XX my vehicle was parked outside your store (in the carpark) for 1 hour & 45 minutes, and according to the letter that I received from them on the XX July 20XX, exceeded the maximum time allowed by merely 15 minutes, the letter I received from them is in the form of an extortionate demand to pay them £90.00.

Although I paid cash in store & do not have the receipt, you will find upon review of your CCTV evidence that I did in fact make a purchase from Lidl Walthamstow on the XX/07/20XX & although I did stay in your car park for 15 minutes over the stated maximum time, I am disgusted Lidl feels it is appropriate to employ a parking management company that sends out this type of letter, just to harass and frighten your loyal customers. I am a frequent shopper at Lidl Walthamstow and prefer using this store over the other nearby supermarkets however this letter has severely upset and disheartened me. As you know the Lidl Walthamstow carpark can be very busy, often taking 10-20 minutes to even find a parking spot and the letter I've received only counts the time entering & leaving the carpark therefore it does not even accurately measure the time physically parked.

I enclose a copy of the letter that I received (Ref: XXX). I am sure you would agree that sending this type of threatening letter to one of your customers is a totally inappropriate response for a 15 minute overstay in a free car park. I would therefore appreciate it if you would contact Athena ANPR Ltd to ensure that the invoice is cancelled

Their response:

Thank you for taking the time to contact our CEO. I have been asked to respond to you on his behalf.

I appreciate that receiving this charge may have been upsetting and frustrating for you. Lidl UK GmbH is a national retailer. We have stores in locations with limited parking space and like many other supermarkets, our store car parks are subject to abuse by non-customers. We have taken measures so that our store car parks are available first and foremost to our customers.

Lidl employs third party contractors to monitor and control our car parks. This service has proved reliable and effective in reducing car park abuse and in freeing up spaces for our customers.

We never intend for our genuine customers to receive a charge, however it can happen from time to time, for example if a customer overstays or forgets to enter their registration at the till points. If any of our customers do receive a charge, we would always urge them to appeal to the car parking companies but we are happy to assist also.

In light of your comments, I have contacted Athena and requested that this charge be cancelled.

I have also noted your comments regarding our parking restrictions and passed them to the relevant department.
Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH
Emma Cohen
Customer Services Management

All the best guys
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Thu, 9 Aug 2018 - 09:27
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
badgerdisco
post Tue, 9 Oct 2018 - 14:12
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,017

Good letter! I really feel disgusted at the nature of these excessive fines. It's 15 minutes!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 22:08
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here