Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Cloned Number plate, Parked in Private parking lot
Tallowa
post Sun, 22 Sep 2019 - 17:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104,110

Hi

Can anyone assist with parking tickets received from private companies where the car is believed to be cloned?
I have a foreign colleague with a British registered car who believes his car was cloned. He was sent a demand with a photo from a private parking company in Croydon in July demanding he cough up £100.00

He says he didn't park there and believes his car was cloned.
It appears they don't believe him. What does he have to do to convince them otherwise or prove them wrong?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

This post has been edited by Tallowa: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 - 17:09
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Advertisement
post Sun, 22 Sep 2019 - 17:07
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Sun, 22 Sep 2019 - 17:14
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

More likely a plate ‘misread’. Have the photo’s been seen? (Submit a Subject Access Request if necessary)

Which parking company?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Tallowa
post Sun, 22 Sep 2019 - 20:59
Post #3

Hi Jlc

Thanks for your reply

It was UKPC or UK Parking control.com. There's just one photo (black and white?) of the front end of the car which looks like his and has same number plate. If he submits an SAR what info should he request? See link https://ibb.co/hBgn74T

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Sun, 22 Sep 2019 - 21:10
Post #4

Member No.: 59,924

That PCN is for a site in Hove not Croydon - or do you mean the parking firm is based in Croydon.

+Quote Post
Lola12
post Sun, 22 Sep 2019 - 22:29
Post #5

Member No.: 91,742

Is it just the same registration number or does your colleague also have a grey ford? My friend recently found out her plate has been cloned after receiving a ticket of some sort. But this car was snapped nowhere near London where we live. She reported it and is debating on whether or not to allow th police to have her car flagged. It means she can be stopped at anytime by the police to verify the driver.

I feel like this should be easy to put to bed for your colleague. He should contact the police and DVLA to inform them and then give any relevant information to the parking company. The DVLA can maybe advise him better. Also if he can provide evidence of where he was on that day in question, that might help too.

+Quote Post
Tallowa
post Mon, 23 Sep 2019 - 14:51
Post #6

Hi Lola12

He has a silver grey Ford presumably identical to that. Thanks for the advice - I'll forward that to him. From my reckoning the parking attendant should also where possible photograph the dashboard tag and windows for added verification. Most modern cars (like his) have the reg plate on there too. Flagging sounds like a good idea - would the parking company accept this move? Not sure he would be altogether comfortable but a £100 at the end of the day is as good as it gets I guess.

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sun, 22 Sep 2019 - 22:10) *
That PCN is for a site in Hove not Croydon - or do you mean the parking firm is based in Croydon.
The Parking form is based in Croydon where he lives too

+Quote Post
Umkomaas
post Mon, 23 Sep 2019 - 15:25
Post #7

Member No.: 59,842

From my reckoning the parking attendant should also where possible photograph the dashboard tag and windows for added verification.

Be careful what you wish for with UKPC!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-32...sued-fines.html

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/dvla-stamps-...y-that-cheated/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/cri...ne-drivers.html

But ...... the charge is for the driver 'leaving the site', so just a photo of the car front and VRM proves nothing. They need to have photographic evidence of the driver leaving the site. So get a SAR off to UKPC asking for that evidence. If they cannot provide that, tell them that you will immediately put in a complaint to the DVLA that UKPC have accessed your personal data without 'reasonable cause' (use that term, it has meaning) breaching their KADOE contract with the DVLA, as well as GDPR/DPA regulations.

I expect that will flush them out.

+Quote Post
Tallowa
post Mon, 23 Sep 2019 - 18:55
Post #8

Thanks Umkomaas

I'll forward that on to him

+Quote Post
Umkomaas
post Mon, 23 Sep 2019 - 19:01
Post #9

Member No.: 59,842

QUOTE (Tallowa @ Mon, 23 Sep 2019 - 19:55) *
Thanks Umkomaas

I'll forward that on to him

Please let us know what transpires. Important in terms of offering advice to posters in a similar position who will inevitably fall foul of this 'try-on'.

+Quote Post
Tallowa
post Wed, 25 Sep 2019 - 17:04
Post #10

Unfortunately He's not to good on English so I'm going to have to draft something for him to challenge them. Will let you know what happens
Thanks

+Quote Post
Tallowa
post Wed, 11 Dec 2019 - 12:32
Post #11

Hi
Just a brief update
The guy has received 2 more demands since but he's decided to ignore them and go on his own. Not sure what he wants to do next so I'm done this end as I've done all I can to assist the guy with the advice from those of you who kindly offered it. Many thanks! Best Regards

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 06:57
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here