PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ultra Low Emission Zone PCN (which came as a complete surprise)
gtahhh
post Thu, 6 Jun 2019 - 00:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,452

Hello!

I got a PCN for the ULEZ on bank holiday Monday after having the presence of mind to check that the congestion charging wasn't in force! I was aware that there are emission rules but have never really thought they applied to my car. I'm OK in low emission zones but not ultra low (I've checked online). I imagine that this one is a 'fair cop' as I was completely oblivious (a) to any need to pay attention to these rules, and (b) any signs or other warnings as I was driving into the zone. Ignorance being no excuse, of course.

However, is there any hope of avoiding the £80 fine?

Thanks
-g

PS: given there is ANPR everywhere, why not simply allow road users to be able to register for any fees and tolls occurred nationwide to be billed after the event, thereby removing the need to fine those who've signed up? Could it be that they make more money this way? I bet there's a real spike in PCNs in the ULEZ on bank holidays.

This post has been edited by gtahhh: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 - 00:27
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 42)
Advertisement
post Thu, 6 Jun 2019 - 00:26
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
HarbourLights
post Fri, 12 Jul 2019 - 12:55
Post #41

Member No.: 104,338

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Fri, 12 Jul 2019 - 16:42
Post #42

Member No.: 54,455

QUOTE (spaceman @ Fri, 12 Jul 2019 - 13:51) *
QUOTE (HarbourLights @ Fri, 12 Jul 2019 - 00:09) *
IInterestingly they are offering further discouragement by mentioning that costs might be awarded against me. They appear to have attempted to imply that my statement was contradictory (which it certainly wasn't!), which has irked me.

Paragraph 6(1)(b) of 'The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) Representations and Appeals Regulations 2007' requires them to point this out to you in the NoR.

Except this is not a parking PCN.

+Quote Post
spaceman
post Fri, 12 Jul 2019 - 16:57
Post #43

Member No.: 11,319

QUOTE (Incandescent @ Fri, 12 Jul 2019 - 17:42) *
QUOTE (spaceman @ Fri, 12 Jul 2019 - 13:51) *
QUOTE (HarbourLights @ Fri, 12 Jul 2019 - 00:09) *
IInterestingly they are offering further discouragement by mentioning that costs might be awarded against me. They appear to have attempted to imply that my statement was contradictory (which it certainly wasn't!), which has irked me.

Paragraph 6(1)(b) of 'The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) Representations and Appeals Regulations 2007' requires them to point this out to you in the NoR.

Except this is not a parking PCN.

Oops, apologies!

In which case, make that paragraph 15(1)(b) of The Road User Charging (Enforcement and Adjudication)(London) Regulations 2001, as amended.

This post has been edited by spaceman: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 - 17:07

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 21st July 2019 - 05:41
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.