PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCS's with Gladstones & Parking and Property Management Ltd, I messed up. Tried my best. Now need help from the best..
anothergasman
post Thu, 17 Jan 2019 - 16:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,960

Hi Forum,

First of all, thank you for your time if you are reading this.

In full honesty, I have made a litany of mistakes and I am looking to see if anyone has any ideas. I did a lot of reading, made myself confused and i tried my best.

I have lots of scanned info.

The story-

I got 2 PCNs from Parking and Property Management Ltd (PPM) on 25/1/18 and 28/3/18. These were obtained on private land outside of a merchant I use on a very regular basis. I had been parking in the location for many years and can only presume there were no parking restrictions there before. I was (wrongfully) informed by the manager of the merchants that the tickets were a new occurrence and if I just ignored them, thinking they would go away (ha!).

I got letters from Gladstones (including one from Marstons but this is a bit weird). i.e I have a letter on 10.818 from Gladstones (Letter Before Claim) giving the charge dates as 25/1/18 and 28/3/18 and totalling £320 ( 2 x 160). I then have a letter from Marston on 26/1/18 demanding £627.50 (but...i am not even sure if its related to this case, me or anything else)

21.11.18 - I acknowledged the claim (I did some reading and realised my mistake).

Somewhere in between I registered via some government gateway and logged my defence. I am now no longer able to log in..I read a lot and cobbled together something. I fully realise that what I put together was far from perfect. Also criticism, as long as constructive will be listened too!

3.12.18 - Letter from HM Courts and Tribunals Service

13.12.18 - Letter From Gladstones inc. Directios Questionnaire (not replied)

2.1.18 - Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track (not replied - deadline 21.1.19)

So here I am. It looks like there is some mention of mediation and I have no idea what to do next. I am unable to log into the government gateway/portal where I logged my defence. I don't even know where I can look to online to get any further info about my case. I am not sure if Gladstone relied within 28 days regarding the letter dated 3/12/18.

If anyone has the time to read through all of this, I would be most grateful.

Kindest regards,

Another Gas Man

IMAGES

26.1.18 - Marston 1 of 2

26.1.18 - Marston 2 of 2

10.08.18 - Gladstones - Letter Before Claim

24.09.18 - Gladstones - Letter Before Claim

7.11.18 - Claim Form - County Court Business Centre 1 of 2

7.11.18 - Claim Form - County Court Business Centre 2 of 2

3.12.18 - HM Courts & Tribunals Service

13.12.18 - Gladstones - Cover

13.12.18 - Gladstones - Directions questionnaire (Small Claims Track) 1 of 3

13.12.18 - Gladstones - Directions questionnaire (Small Claims Track) 2 of 3

I have more images but the system will not let me upload them
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 21)
Jlc
post Sat, 19 Jan 2019 - 14:25
Post #21

Member No.: 49,223

It's all part of the court process.

You can mediate but if you don't reach an agreement (which you won't) then the matter will go to a hearing.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Advertisement
post Sat, 19 Jan 2019 - 14:25
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Redivi
post Sat, 19 Jan 2019 - 16:10
Post #22

Member No.: 96,238

The DQ is used to decide where to hold a hearing

If you don't return it, your defence is struck out and PPM is awarded a default judgment

The mediation question is nothing more than the offer of a procedure to settle out of court

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 21st February 2019 - 02:39
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.