Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Scotland Parking, Residential Private Parking Notice
Edinburgh87
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 10:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,972

Hi.I need some advice for the following:-
My car was parked in Edinburgh at my mother's flat and I was in another town.The flat has two permits.
I received a letter from Parking4U saying that I was due £120 and that if I was not the driver I was to name the person who was.
I wrote to them explaining the situation and then another letter came in from TCN saying that I was due the money as the car was registered to me.
I phoned them and got a very rude man who said I would be taken to the small claims court.
Another annoying letter came in the day after saying payment should be made immediately. What do I do?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 17)
Advertisement
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 10:03
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
kommando
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 10:22
Post #2

Member No.: 57,558

In Scotland there is no concept of keeper liability, they can only pursue the driver who unless someone tells them who that is then it goes nowhere, does not stop them from trying it on.

Never ring, only ever write to these companies.

For multiple tickets they can sometimes raise claims in Scotland, in this case not only would you have the defence of no keepers liability but also there would be probable protection from your Mother's lease.

I would ignore for the moment but get prepared in advance if they try a claim by getting a copy of the lease and seeing what it says about parking, also was any paperwork signed when the permits were issued.

The letter from TCN claiming keeper liability needs to go to Trading Standards.

+Quote Post
Edinburgh87
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 10:42
Post #3

Thank you for the re-assurance. I will get copy of the lease and check signatures. Should I contact the factor or Landowners about this. My mother was seriously ill at the time and she is still in hospital awaiting residential care.

This post has been edited by Edinburgh87: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 10:43

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 10:44
Post #4

Member No.: 60,457

You have to be careful here. Have you identified the driver in the previous correspondence with Parkng 4 U?

+Quote Post
Umkomaas
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 11:02
Post #5

Member No.: 59,842

I received a letter from Parking4U

Can you double check and confirm the name of the parking company please?

+Quote Post
Edinburgh87
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 12:24
Post #6

I have not named any driver and the correct company is P4Parking(Uk)Ltd.

+Quote Post
Umkomaas
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 14:56
Post #7

QUOTE (Edinburgh87 @ Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 12:24) *
I have not named any driver and the correct company is P4Parking(Uk)Ltd.

The correct name in the first place would have saved me a lot of unnecessary searching! Going round in circles is not my favourite pastime!

Please provide accurate information, it's vital in a legal situation.

+Quote Post
Edinburgh87
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 16:36
Post #8

Very sorry but I did not have letters to hand.
Are the rules any different now?

This post has been edited by Edinburgh87: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 16:39

+Quote Post
Umkomaas
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 20:14
Post #9

Yes, insofar as a non-existent entity cannot pursue you, whereas a real one can!

However, do you really think this outfit is going to go to the expense, the inconvenience and considerable costs of pursuing a claim of £100 somewhere in Scotland, some 400 miles (Glasgow) to 600 miles (Inverness) away from their base in Larndarn? They've only ever been to the small claims court twice in E/W - and the cases may have had absolutely nothing to do with parking cases at all.

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata...Parking_UK.html

+Quote Post
StuartBu
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 20:23
Post #10

Member No.: 59,097

QUOTE (Umkomaas @ Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 21:14) *

Yes, insofar as a non-existent entity cannot pursue you, whereas a real one can!

However, do you really think this outfit is going to go to the expense, the inconvenience and considerable costs of pursuing a claim of £100 somewhere in Scotland, some 400 miles (Glasgow) to 600 miles (Inverness) away from their base in Larndarn? They've only ever been to the small claims court twice in E/W - and the cases may have had absolutely nothing to do with parking cases at all.

And here's me thinking hcandersen was Mr Grumpy!!!!!

+Quote Post
Umkomaas
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 20:32
Post #11

QUOTE (StuartBu @ Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 20:23) *
QUOTE (Umkomaas @ Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 21:14) *

And here's me thinking hcandersen was Mr Grumpy!!!!!

Sorry, seem to have missed your previous advice to the OP.

I think you're based in Scotland, so I'll butt out from now on, and take an interest in how you take this case forward. All eyes.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 20:52
Post #12

Member No.: 32,130

QUOTE (Edinburgh87 @ Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 11:03) *
Hi.I need some advice for the following:-
My car was parked in Edinburgh at my mother's flat and I was in another town.The flat has two permits.
I received a letter from Parking4U saying that I was due £120 and that if I was not the driver I was to name the person who was.
I wrote to them explaining the situation and then another letter came in from TCN saying that I was due the money as the car was registered to me.
I phoned them and got a very rude man who said I would be taken to the small claims court.
Another annoying letter came in the day after saying payment should be made immediately. What do I do?

Just stop contacting them, stop taking the bait - you are in Scotland and can ignore them.

NEVER say who the driver was.

DO NOT panic about stupid debt demands, laugh at them but keep them in a drawer marked 'scam'.

Come back if P4Parking break the habit of a lifetime and try a claim in the Sheriffs court...as Umkomaas pointed out, it's never happened yet.

This post has been edited by SchoolRunMum: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 20:53

+Quote Post
Edinburgh87
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 21:12
Post #13

Thank you SchoolRunMum.

This post has been edited by Edinburgh87: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 - 20:10

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 21:20
Post #14

Member No.: 60,457

Rather than having a go at you I think it was actually an aplogy and he was butting out as he made a mistake about the distances

+Quote Post
Umkomaas
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 21:38
Post #15

As for the comment about butting out and All eyes. I am not stupid, I will find my information from a friendly professional!

That comment was never directed at you. Please re-read the post in which it was made and understand the purpose of encapsulating 'Quotes' in Replies. Let's see if StuBu steps up to the plate to take you through this.

None of us are 'professional' insofar as none of us is paid to do this - neither by you nor anyone else. We all do this entirely voluntarily, in our own time, providing expertise acquired over thousands of hours of reading, research and understanding, helping hundreds of motorists harassed, intimidated and pursued by a common enemy. We will almost always be on the side of the motorist - you are no different. But we do need to have accurate information in order to help efficiently and effectively.

I'm not having to deal with anything legal at the moment.

Good to know that.

+Quote Post
StuartBu
post Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 23:51
Post #16

QUOTE (Umkomaas @ Sun, 14 Oct 2018 - 22:38) *
Let's see if StuBu steps up to the plate to take you through this.

The comment I made to you comparing you to hcanderson was because of the unfriendly way you replied to the OP
I have no intention of offering advice to the OP as others more Knowledgeable can be left to do that but in any event if I do reply to any posters I will do so in a civil manner.

This post has been edited by StuartBu: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 - 07:55

+Quote Post
Edinburgh87
post Mon, 15 Oct 2018 - 20:00
Post #17

Where in any off my posts can you say that I have been unfriendly? I thank everybody for helping me as I have no clue whatsoever. None of my comments were meant to be unfriendly.I'm not getting into an argument over nothing.
Thanks for the help all.

+Quote Post
StuartBu
post Mon, 15 Oct 2018 - 23:42
Post #18

QUOTE (Edinburgh87 @ Mon, 15 Oct 2018 - 21:00) *
Where in any off my posts can you say that I have been unfriendly? I thank everybody for helping me as I have no clue whatsoever. None of my comments were meant to be unfriendly.I'm not getting into an argument over nothing.
Thanks for the help all.

You need to read my Post 16 again and slowly.i quoted part of a post by Umkomaas and replied to him-the post was not directed at you.

This post has been edited by StuartBu: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 - 23:42

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 12:21
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here