Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking Eye - charge cancelled but still got court summons
JD^
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 18:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,126

Hi all,

I have today received a claim form, but the charge was cancelled on the 2nd of Oct, should I still go to the effort of forming a lengthy defence or not? I parked in a hotel car park near Heathrow, luckily my employer managed to get the Hotel to get it cancelled as it's down to the staff to enter the registration code, the official letter from Parking Eye states:

------

Reference Parking Charge Notice - XXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

We refer to the Parking Charge on xx date at London Heathrow Marriot Hotel Car Park.

We can confirm that this Parking Charge has now been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due.

-------

Obviously I'm still going to respond to the court form but in the area for writing the defence should it simply be something like:

Parking Eye wrote to me on the 2nd of October (copy supplied) stating the charge has been cancelled and there is NO outstanding payment, as the charge was due to an error on their behalf, on this basis I was not in breach of contract and no monies are due.

Any help appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
JD^
post Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 11:48
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,126

I am going to submit it today, I can do it online and do the email as you mentioned assume I need to file the defence online today to be in with a chance? As it only lets you put a certain amount of lines, will they take the defence from the printed/signed email. Or should I be posting the whole thing as well as the email. If so do I leave the enclosing the fee part blank on the form? Sorry for these simple questions!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 20:54
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here