Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN at work from CPS
ginja ninja
post Wed, 25 May 2011 - 19:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,945

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help with this, I think I'm on the right track with ignoring it but basically want a second opinion as I'm tempted to write and defend it.

I work on a Business estate with several other companies and the landlord charges xx pounds for each company to have a number of parking spaces reserved and sends a private firm round to police it.

Everyone is issued with a permit which is meant to be displayed in the windscreen which mine is at all times.

A couple of months ago, unknown to me as I wasn't in the previous week, the landlord suspended a couple of parking spaces for my firm while some building work went on but neglected to cover up those spaces, block them off or in any way indicated they were not in use so I parked in one of them.

I came out of work to find a ticket on the car from Combined Parking Solutions (or CPS), I looked on the net and found advice saying ignore, don't respond, they'll go away so I ignored it.

3 months later I've just received a letter in the post saying I didn't display a valid CPS permit (these are not cps permits but permits marked with our company's name and it was in the car) and I need to pay £85 forthwith or I will be taken to court.

I'm tempted to defend as valid permit in car, parked in appropriate space therefore ticket issued incorrectly but am I best to ignore? I've heard that this firm are taking a number of people on the estate to court although I don't know any of them personally and they've popped up on a couple of other forums throwing abuse.

Are they likely to listen to me if I defend?

Here is the 2 page letter I received

This post has been edited by ginja ninja: Wed, 25 May 2011 - 21:09
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Wed, 25 May 2011 - 19:33
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
zamzara
post Wed, 25 May 2011 - 19:37
Post #2

Member No.: 1,898

Since even their own argument, that you agreed to pay pay seeing the signs, will not work here, ignore and if Perky wants to go to court then defend.

--------------------
Posts by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

+Quote Post
ginja ninja
post Wed, 25 May 2011 - 19:43
Post #3

Member No.: 46,945

Thanks Zamzara, I do know they'll be whistling out their rear-ends but wasn't sure if I should write and try and nip in the bud now

+Quote Post
Alexis
post Wed, 25 May 2011 - 20:14
Post #4

Member No.: 15,638

It's a templated letter. Simply ignore and let them waste £25 on a court fee if they can't be bothered keeping records of what they are invoicing for.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 09:06
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here