PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

mobile-use detecting road sign
iwt
post Tue, 10 Jul 2018 - 18:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,890

So apparently it can detect mobile phone use, and whether it's being used via Bluetooth.
And yet they didn't fit a camera to take and record photos to be used as evidence. Just lights a crossed-out-smartphone sign.
Anyone would think they had no confidence in the technology...

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/new-weap...rfolk-1-5598640
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 20)
Advertisement
post Tue, 10 Jul 2018 - 18:53
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Incandescent
post Sun, 15 Jul 2018 - 11:31
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,455

This does sound a bit like a wind-up. Mobile phones are continuously transmitting and receiving on the control channels so the mobile can be tracked around and any text messages or emails sent out. Extensive use of multiplexing both TDM and FDM is used to create over 2000 channels per cell and control, data, and voice channels are all handled using this multiplexing. It is impossible to determine whether a person is actually using a phone just from the signals. My own mobile phone receives emails and messages whilst I'm driving along and I get a chime to tell me. What can, of course, be done, is to detect the signal and then take a photo as the vehicle approaches. The photo would then be the proof or not of use during driving. However, if a photo is taken for every passing vehicle with a phone, then somebody will have to be employed going through all the photos to pick out the illegal use. I can't see the police doing this very often, frankly.

This post has been edited by Incandescent: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 - 11:33

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Monday, 15th October 2018 - 20:28
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.