PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Address on licence is correct but all other docs go to old address - tickets issued
yelf2
post Sun, 17 Jun 2018 - 20:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,488

So im confused.

Ive told the DVLA about my new address but some stuff hasnt been updated.

Whats happended is when i bought my new car the dealer screwed up - which has led to 2 parking fines being sent to me at my old address (which were not from me as i had sold the car!). As far as I am concerned I can ignore them as by rights I should never have even known they were issued. (I will ask a separate question on the parking fines in the right forum) but.....

..my concern is that if the parking fine issuer is sent a "addressee no longer here" reply that they contact the DVLA and i get a fine - even though my licence is on my right address.

I welcome and help/
Thank you
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Sun, 17 Jun 2018 - 20:38
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
John U.K.
post Sun, 17 Jun 2018 - 20:51
Post #2

Member No.: 70,515

Ive told the DVLA about my new address but some stuff hasnt been updated. . . . .my licence is on my right address

DVLA is responsible for issuing two documents in connection with your driving.

One is your Driving Licence, personal to you. You have a personal responsibility to update this with the DVLA whenever you cease to reside at the address recorded on it.

The second is about the vehicle you drive, the V5 or log-book. It carries the name and afddress of the registered keeper of the vehicle, which may or may not be you as driver.

The registered keeper of a vehicle has the personal responsibility of notifying the DVLA of any change in the name and/or address recorded on the V5, and a new V5 will be issued.

For obvious reasons, notifying the DVLA of a change in one document does not enable the DVLA to change any details on the other.

Did you notify the DVLA of the changes in each document?

EDIT
Can you prooduce a time line with dates (dd/mm/yyy) of events leading up to your present predicament, please?
If you only notified one focument, which was it, Driving LIcence or V5?

As far as I am concerned I can ignore them as by rights I should never have even known they were issued.

As Dick says below do not ignore.

This post has been edited by John U.K.: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 - 21:02

+Quote Post
DastardlyDick
post Sun, 17 Jun 2018 - 20:52
Post #3

Member No.: 54,871

When you say "the dealer screwed up" what exactly do you mean? Have these tickets been issued on your old car or the new one?
You say you've updated your Licence - what about the V5 Registration Document? Did you move house and if so, did you set up a re-direct?
How do you know you have PCNs if they were sent to the wrong address?

Whatever you do do not ignore them things will get a lot more expensive, and could end up with your new motor being seized by Bailiffs.

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Sun, 17 Jun 2018 - 21:07
Post #4

Member No.: 20,731

QUOTE (John U.K. @ Sun, 17 Jun 2018 - 21:51) *
For obvious reasons, notifying the DVLA of a change in one document does not enable the DVLA to change any details on the other.

You mean, because the DVLA is so incompetent that they cannot even conceive of associating an individual listed in one database with the same individual listed in another database? Yes, I see your point...

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Sun, 17 Jun 2018 - 21:45
Post #5

Member No.: 54,455

QUOTE (Churchmouse @ Sun, 17 Jun 2018 - 22:07) *
QUOTE (John U.K. @ Sun, 17 Jun 2018 - 21:51) *

You mean, because the DVLA is so incompetent that they cannot even conceive of associating an individual listed in one database with the same individual listed in another database? Yes, I see your point...

--Churchmouse

My sentiments entirely ! They could very easily include a facility to allow all addresses they hold for an applicant to be updated in one go if the applicant so chooses on his request for an address change, it's called "joined-up government", but obviously being out in the sticks in Swansea they can carry on in the same old way.

+Quote Post
StuartBu
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 12:50
Post #6

Member No.: 59,097

Whereas some of us see nothing wrong with the present system and have no difficulty in dealing with the two issues re DL and V5c .

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 12:58
Post #7

Member No.: 74,048

We might be able to help with the tickets, but would need to see them and any other correspondence. Are you pre or post appeal stage?

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 13:13
Post #8

Member No.: 96,238

As far as I am concerned I can ignore them as by rights I should never have even known they were issued. (I will ask a separate question on the parking fines in the right forum)

That is guaranteed to end up with bailiffs at your new address

You will then have to make the out-of-time declarations that you didn't receive the Notices to Owner

If the declaration is accepted, you will then be able to defend the PCNs as Not the vehicle's owner

As long as you're still in time, you must appeal the Notices and make your new address very clear

I can recall at least one thread where the OP failed to make an appeal regarding a sold car when he had the opportunity
There is no legal process to undo the debt that results

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 17:27
Post #9

QUOTE (StuartBu @ Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 13:50) *
Whereas some of us see nothing wrong with the present system and have no difficulty in dealing with the two issues re DL and V5c .

But why not have the option to make a single submission of new address ? I see nothing wrong with this, or have I missed something. Are systems always perfect ? I think not, frankly ! Why can't government improve things for the motorist or are we just a resource to be exploited ?

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 17:33
Post #10

Member No.: 59,924

QUOTE (Incandescent @ Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 18:27) *

But why not have the option to make a single submission of new address ? I see nothing wrong with this, or have I missed something. Are systems always perfect ? I think not, frankly ! Why can't government improve things for the motorist or are we just a resource to be exploited ?

We've had this discussion several times and it belongs in the flame pit, but I agree - we are still living in the dark ages with paperwork for many things in the internet age.

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 17:49
Post #11

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 18:33) *
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 18:27) *

We've had this discussion several times and it belongs in the flame pit, but I agree - we are still living in the dark ages with paperwork for many things in the internet age.

Sorry, I got carried away ! I do hope the flames in the flame bit burn, (slightly of course), a few people in the DVLA; it might wake them up to their duty as public servants !

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 21:51
Post #12

Member No.: 20,731

Well, it does give us and the courts something to do...

Regardless, it is what it is, and the OP's interpretation of his "by rights" is not one that the DVLA, the courts or their bailiffs will agree with.

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Mon, 18 Jun 2018 - 21:58
Post #13

Member No.: 16,671

Pity he's so certain that he hasn't read any of the responses. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
yelf2
post Tue, 19 Jun 2018 - 19:29
Post #14

QUOTE (DastardlyDick @ Sun, 17 Jun 2018 - 21:52) *
When you say "the dealer screwed up" what exactly do you mean? Have these tickets been issued on your old car or the new one?
You say you've updated your Licence - what about the V5 Registration Document? Did you move house and if so, did you set up a re-direct?

Whatever you do do not ignore them things will get a lot more expensive, and could end up with your new motor being seized by Bailiffs.

Basically he didnt press 'submit' online when processing the change of owner and sale. So it took 11 days after i sold the car and bought the new one for the sale to be properly processed. The tickets are agaisnt my old car.

Thanks

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 19 Jun 2018 - 19:41
Post #15

QUOTE (yelf2 @ Tue, 19 Jun 2018 - 20:29) *
QUOTE (DastardlyDick @ Sun, 17 Jun 2018 - 21:52) *

Basically he didnt press 'submit' online when processing the change of owner and sale. So it took 11 days after i sold the car and bought the new one for the sale to be properly processed. The tickets are agaisnt my old car.

Thanks

The question you should ask in the right forum. Its this one by the way, is Who is liable? we will tell you it is the owner, presumed to be the registered keeper. You can rebut ownership but need to do so through the proper channels or will end up with bailiffs at your door.

We will tell you post any and all correspondence from the council and/or bailiffs that you have and we can advise you on getting rid of this

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
yelf2
post Tue, 19 Jun 2018 - 20:02
Post #16

ok, this is all i have so far...ffs- will try and upload pic tomorow as none of them are uploading

This post has been edited by yelf2: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 - 20:09

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 19 Jun 2018 - 21:01
Post #17

QUOTE (yelf2 @ Tue, 19 Jun 2018 - 21:02) *
ok, this is all i have so far...ffs- will try and upload pic tomorow as none of them are uploading

use an external hosting site such as fliker or imgur not tiny pics it times out to quickly

--------------------

+Quote Post
yelf2
post Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 08:56
Post #18

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2cgta22w1wgv9m/pcn2.jpg?dl=0

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 09:02
Post #19

Member No.: 16,671

Ok, so read the back.

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 09:56
Post #20

QUOTE (Neil B @ Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 10:02) *
Ok, so read the back.

Indeed you must, and then must submit representations to the council under the statutory grounds of "I was not the owner at the date of the contravention". You then need to explain this further in terms of you bought a new car, and, (presumably) traded-in your old one to the dealer. If you don't do this, the process will grind on until bailiffs are knocking on your door. You need to give date of part-ex, and trader name and address. You should have this on the invioce for the new car.

On your V5C for your new car you'll see a section on the third page headed "Selling or transferrring your vehicle to a motor trader, insurer or dismantler". This instructs you to fill in the details and return this section to the DVLA. Did you do this, and do it straightaway ? If you were a bit tardy in doing so, the DVLA will still have your details, not the trader, so you get the statutory documents that are sent after a PCN is issued to the car and no payment or representations are received. The first document is what you have now, a Notice to Owner.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 16:22
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here